Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 1/24/2024 at 5:28 PM, polnico said:

Defo not a self confirm but someone asked on Bicep's discord if we could expect the Chroma show at the farm this year, and Matt replied with a wink smiley...

I can see them there. 

but can someone explain what Chroma is? Is it basically them djing? Or is it a new sound/ vibe? 

4 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I can see them there. 

but can someone explain what Chroma is? Is it basically them djing? Or is it a new sound/ vibe? 

Here’s an example set list from their Chroma gig at Mayfield Depot. A few of their big hitters with a bunch of other tracks. Same AV team as Bicep Live so should still be great visuals:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bicep/2023/mayfield-depot-manchester-england-13a25119.html

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:31 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Here’s an example set list from their Chroma gig at Mayfield Depot. A few of their big hitters with a bunch of other tracks. Same AV team as Bicep Live so should still be great visuals:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bicep/2023/mayfield-depot-manchester-england-13a25119.html

Cheers. So seems a little like a Sasha's Maven sets when he used to have other artists tracks but get sent the stems to re-mix on the spot. 

Edited by danbailey80

On 1/28/2024 at 12:31 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Didn't know they were playing Blind Date. probably my track of 2023 - would have probably gone to see them if i knew this !

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:46 PM, MadDog29 said:

This is an excellent line up, would welcome many of these to worthy farm!!!

Agreed, and there are some absolute gems in there in terms of non-'dance' musicians: Kali Malone (ambient/drone genius), Caterina Barbieri (modular genius), Bendik Giske (saxophone genius). And some of my favourite DJs too.

Sad that Sandwell District are finally playing again so soon after Juan Mendez' death 😞

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed, and there are some absolute gems in there in terms of non-'dance' musicians: Kali Malone (ambient/drone genius), Caterina Barbieri (modular genius), Bendik Giske (saxophone genius). And some of my favourite DJs too.

Sad that Sandwell District are finally playing again so soon after Juan Mendez' death 😞

Ben

Trust our Captain to tap into the esoteric and avant garde while we're over here talking about the Chainsmokers... 😃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Going to need check some of these out. Exactly why Dek is up there with one of the best imo. Has such a wide electic line up with artists just like these you mentioned. I remember seeing Tangerine Dream play the opening concert back in 2018 which blew my mind, and opened it up to the world of krautrock and more ambient side of electronica .

Hopefully sandwell district will pay huge homage to Juan Mendez in that performance as i agree that is very soon after his death.

• Like 1

Has anyone been to Document in Bristol yet? Not sure if they’ve had any events yet or not but going to the Bugged Out day in a couple of weeks time and curious to know what the A/V setups like

FOLD - advice please, gang

Anyone been to FOLD a few times and have a good idea about the place? 

I'm going next week and am very excited! Been wanting to go for ages and so am pretty hyped for Call Super and Courtesy in what sounds like an amazing venue.

But...

Been reading a few reviews online and there does appear to be quite different experiences for people. Lots of talk of getting refused at the door, discrimination etc, which seems out of keeping with what I perceive as being a very inclusive 'Berlin-style' club. Is this a thing? Is it just for non-ticketed events? Online it suggests that the capacity is 550, whereas, at the time of writing, RA seem to have sold 602 tickets and you can still buy up to 6 for the event on DICE. I do NOT want to rock up there and find that we can't get in, or that the door staff do not consider my mate and me as the 'right' type of people to come in. In other words, have we got a Berghain situation here? Obviously the German Temple is different as it's purely a buy-on-the-door arrangement (unless you're on the guest list), and its door policy is well known and understood. I bought our tickets quite a while ago and we've been getting very excited about it.

So, do you think there will be any issues? My mate and I are not queer, but we are, obviously, bloody lovely and exactly the sort of straight white males they would like to be there to contribute to the community!!

Any experiences and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.

It's due to be one hell of a day/night, starting at the Barbican seeing Alessandro Cortini supported by current Midas-touched ambient/drone wunderkind, KMRU, then to FOLD, finishing off our night at fabric for the latter stages of Villalobos b2b Craig Richards' 10-hour set!

Put my mind at rest, E/D faithful...

Ben
xx

3 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Has anyone been to Document in Bristol yet? Not sure if they’ve had any events yet or not but going to the Bugged Out day in a couple of weeks time and curious to know what the A/V setups like

I've not, but that space looks phenomenal, and that line-up should be ace.

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

FOLD - advice please, gang

Anyone been to FOLD a few times and have a good idea about the place? 

I'm going next week and am very excited! Been wanting to go for ages and so am pretty hyped for Call Super and Courtesy in what sounds like an amazing venue.

But...

Been reading a few reviews online and there does appear to be quite different experiences for people. Lots of talk of getting refused at the door, discrimination etc, which seems out of keeping with what I perceive as being a very inclusive 'Berlin-style' club. Is this a thing? Is it just for non-ticketed events? Online it suggests that the capacity is 550, whereas, at the time of writing, RA seem to have sold 602 tickets and you can still buy up to 6 for the event on DICE. I do NOT want to rock up there and find that we can't get in, or that the door staff do not consider my mate and me as the 'right' type of people to come in. In other words, have we got a Berghain situation here? Obviously the German Temple is different as it's purely a buy-on-the-door arrangement (unless you're on the guest list), and its door policy is well known and understood. I bought our tickets quite a while ago and we've been getting very excited about it.

So, do you think there will be any issues? My mate and I are not queer, but we are, obviously, bloody lovely and exactly the sort of straight white males they would like to be there to contribute to the community!!

Any experiences and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.

It's due to be one hell of a day/night, starting at the Barbican seeing Alessandro Cortini supported by current Midas-touched ambient/drone wunderkind, KMRU, then to FOLD, finishing off our night at fabric for the latter stages of Villalobos b2b Craig Richards' 10-hour set!

Put my mind at rest, E/D faithful...

Ben
xx

Yes ive been to FOLD! 

Every time ive been there it has been incredible, the crowd, the sound system, the energy, the music, even the smoking area looking over a scap yard, on point.

I must say i have only ever been to the Cartulis parties at FOLD and with tickets, so have never had any issues getting in aslong as you have your ID, the security is as you would expect it to be at one of the hottest venue in london quite tight but i think thats expected in London. 

Also the queues can be pretty lengthy but i wouldnt let this deter you from arriving at whatever time you need to. Ive rocked up at 3am and not had any issue getting in. 

On the other hand the UNFOLD parties which they hold on sundays are very inclusive with a more than likley very similar berlin style door policy. If youre not "dressed to sweat" then i think youd maybe have an issue getting in. I personally havent been to an UNFOLD party but many friends have and hold it in very high regard as one of the best parties in London. 

Il say it, i think FOLD is the best venue in London, dare i say the UK but ive not been to them all so i couldnt say to be sure. 

Call super and courtesy will blow you and your freinds heads clean off in front of that system (id take ear plugs ahha, if you dont already wear them for gigs).

What a night you are in for that Fabric line up is ridiculously good. Unsure on timings but check out Harry macanna of northsouth records and Wax material if youre there for them, if not enjoy that villalobas/richards 10 hour b2b.

Peace

• Like 1

Well, even if they either aren't at Glastonbury, or they're playing on Friday or Saturday (I've only got a Sunday ticket this year), I'll be catching them at Field Day. Irks me a little, but I made sure I've got a pit ticket to get around the notoriously awful Victoria Park sound restrictions. I am not missing these guys.

17 minutes ago, MadDog29 said:

Yes ive been to FOLD! 

Every time ive been there it has been incredible, the crowd, the sound system, the energy, the music, even the smoking area looking over a scap yard, on point.

I must say i have only ever been to the Cartulis parties at FOLD and with tickets, so have never had any issues getting in aslong as you have your ID, the security is as you would expect it to be at one of the hottest venue in london quite tight but i think thats expected in London. 

Also the queues can be pretty lengthy but i wouldnt let this deter you from arriving at whatever time you need to. Ive rocked up at 3am and not had any issue getting in. 

On the other hand the UNFOLD parties which they hold on sundays are very inclusive with a more than likley very similar berlin style door policy. If youre not "dressed to sweat" then i think youd maybe have an issue getting in. I personally havent been to an UNFOLD party but many friends have and hold it in very high regard as one of the best parties in London. 

Il say it, i think FOLD is the best venue in London, dare i say the UK but ive not been to them all so i couldnt say to be sure. 

Call super and courtesy will blow you and your freinds heads clean off in front of that system (id take ear plugs ahha, if you dont already wear them for gigs).

What a night you are in for that Fabric line up is ridiculously good. Unsure on timings but check out Harry macanna of northsouth records and Wax material if youre there for them, if not enjoy that villalobas/richards 10 hour b2b.

Peace

Awww, thanks, man! Yeah, pretty much everything I've read suggests the sound system is off the charts good. 

That's excellent. I'm guessing will grab something to eat after the Barbican before heading over to FOLD, maybe looking to get there around midnight. That's dialled up the raveometer a treat! 

Re: security - any advice beyond usual procedures? I've read one account of someone (male, I'm presuming) getting the sort of genital examination I would hope is only usually undertaken in a professional capacity by people like me... 🤪

Ben

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well, even if they either aren't at Glastonbury, or they're playing on Friday or Saturday (I've only got a Sunday ticket this year), I'll be catching them at Field Day. Irks me a little, but I made sure I've got a pit ticket to get around the notoriously awful Victoria Park sound restrictions. I am not missing these guys.

They'll be Sunday headliners somewhere on the Farm now. Absolute dead cert 😂

Ben