Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I'm very jealous of anyone off to Lost Village this year...

Does anyone have any recommendations Glade-wise (or otherwise) for me? So far from the Glade I only really know/want to see Vessels. Some of the others so far announced that I want to see from the lower stages are Daniel Avery, Fatima Yamaha, Four Tet, Eats Everything, Floating Points annnnnd others, but I'd like to hear suggestions :)

2 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Does anyone have any recommendations Glade-wise (or otherwise) for me? So far from the Glade I only really know/want to see Vessels. Some of the others so far announced that I want to see from the lower stages are Daniel Avery, Fatima Yamaha, Four Tet, Eats Everything, Floating Points annnnnd others, but I'd like to hear suggestions :)

I like all of those and I like Henry Saiz, who's playing the Glade:

. Plays live with a drummer. A discovery for me from forum recommendations and the playlist (which has all the Glade acts on it).

35 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

I can highly recommend the Stereo MCs! They've been around for years but spend a lot of their time these days working on mixes for other bands. Saw them for the fourth time a few weeks ago in Bristol and they can still kill it!

This is probably their most well-known song, but when we saw them in Bristol, it was even more outstanding. And I'm old!

Just now, Memory Man said:

i lump ahmed in with all that hot creations muscle tan tech house bullshit. have i missed something?

He's the best Hot Creations had to offer in my opinion, that might not be too difficult mind you, but regardless, I don't mind a lot of what he does 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I like all of those and I like Henry Saiz, who's playing the Glade:

. Plays live with a drummer. A discovery for me from forum recommendations and the playlist (which has all the Glade acts on it).

Banger that, anything else similar on the lineup? I'm not really good with genres but am I right in saying that's progressive house?

Do we know what day he's playing? I'm sure I read somewhere on here he was Thursday but I might of made that up

4 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Banger that, anything else similar on the lineup? I'm not really good with genres but am I right in saying that's progressive house?

Do we know what day he's playing? I'm sure I read somewhere on here he was Thursday but I might of made that up

Resident Advisor describes Saiz as "a perfect balance of Electronica, Disco, House and Techno", so we can forget about genres :) 

I suggested him because he fits the acts mentioned by @willsnewman - so check out those he mentions above.

Playing Ibiza on the Thursday so not then. Otherwise don't know.

3 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Me too. Stellar line up this year. Would be there myself if I hadn't committed to so much else this summer :( Winslow you must report back!

Going to suggest Black Madonna @ NYC Downlow as worth checking out. 

14 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Looking at his Facebook, he says it's a 'Live Band' show, and there's this video - could be a cracker:

Something big could mean a guest appearance from Sasha, but find this hard to imagine with his live band set up? I think Sasha as he interviewed him on his show and Glastonbury was mentioned, they seemed to be holding something back.

30 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Something big could mean a guest appearance from Sasha, but find this hard to imagine with his live band set up? I think Sasha as he interviewed him on his show and Glastonbury was mentioned, they seemed to be holding something back.

he's touring in Europe Sat/Sun, so would have to be Friday. can't see it if he's playing the live band, Sasha wouldn't fit in with that

41 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I think he's talking about his new album, or tour. I very much doubt it's anything to do with Glastonbury. As you say Sasha with the live band would be odd.

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

boom, love FF. altho they are some of the biggest primadonnas out there. they went off at a gig after about 20 minutes in leeds. embarrassing.

Ah really? That's shit. Liking the new track, was hoping they'd be at the G cause I missed them in 2013 (?) when they played Silver Hayes.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:52 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Looking at his Facebook, he says it's a 'Live Band' show, and there's this video - could be a cracker:

'Something big is gonna happen' is a line from Go To Sleep by Radiohead.... and he's remixed a couple of their songs. Thom Yorke guest appearance?

Yeah....I'll show myself out :lol: