Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 2/23/2023 at 8:36 PM, stanh said:

Silly that🥵

FprGJpyaYAAZRXX.jpg

Very nice! Last time I went to Creamfields it lost a lot of its appeal, lots of poor sets and production just didn’t seem as good as it used to be. Has it been better since the year that they blew the budget on SHM? 

4 hours ago, rwoo said:

Very nice! Last time I went to Creamfields it lost a lot of its appeal, lots of poor sets and production just didn’t seem as good as it used to be. Has it been better since the year that they blew the budget on SHM? 

I'm not the best person to ask, I've only ever done 1 day at Creamfields, however, from friends which are regulars, they seem to give favourable comments about it, said the new Runway stage last year was a nice addition, only issue was that it created some bottlenecks in the crowd during busier sets as it's on one of the main pathways.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rwoo said:

Was raging when they done this for SHM, it’s been better since then. 
The new runway stage last year was a great addition

5 hours ago, lendan said:

Been there the last 3 years, great weekend, always an incredible lineup. 

I'm doing my first full weekend there this year, seems like a no-brainer with how poor the Leeds lineup is, and I'm quite impressed with the Creamfields one, especially alongside the lineup regulars, I'm loving the increase in techno names, some I think may be making their Creamfields debut this year! Very excited!

• Like 1

can never get past how similar the lineups are every year haha. it has that super late saturday night setup then midnight curfew the other days doesn't it? bit shit but also bet that saturday night is very good fun haha

1 hour ago, gfa said:

can never get past how similar the lineups are every year haha. it has that super late saturday night setup then midnight curfew the other days doesn't it? bit shit but also bet that saturday night is very good fun haha

I always thought that about the earlier curfews, but tbh, after a full day of dancing, I'd probably be exhausted by the end of the night anyways, only have the energy at Leeds (and other festivals) to go out after the main acts because most of the time I end up staying in the campsite for a lot of it, other than Glastonbury. With the lineups being samey, I don't really mind, as looking at previous Clashfinders, it seems a lot of the names clash, so you just rotate who you see each year and change it up, plus I guess the set's will be pretty different each year, which is something that is harder for bands (etc) to do, with most of them not releasing new material every year.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

I always thought that about the earlier curfews, but tbh, after a full day of dancing, I'd probably be exhausted by the end of the night anyways, only have the energy at Leeds (and other festivals) to go out after the main acts because most of the time I end up staying in the campsite for a lot of it, other than Glastonbury. With the lineups being samey, I don't really mind, as looking at previous Clashfinders, it seems a lot of the names clash, so you just rotate who you see each year and change it up, plus I guess the set's will be pretty different each year, which is something that is harder for bands (etc) to do, with most of them not releasing new material every year.

true re the clashes, headliner time theres about 5 names i'd watch each night

maybe tiring but night time is just so much better of an atmosphere, watching djs at 3pm is just a bit shit imo

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm loving the new album. I liked the last 2 as well but the word on the street is it's their best since Middle of Nowhere. I bet they're at the farm and it's the first year since 2013 I haven't got a ticket 😞

they confirmed a few days ago they aren't playing so good but bittersweet news i guess for you?

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

they confirmed a few days ago they aren't playing so good but bittersweet news i guess for you?

When *did* they last play? Given how relatively active they've been over the last 7 years or so, and how their 1994 Farm set has become a thing of legend, it's amazing that they haven't played in so long. 

Ben

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

When *did* they last play? Given how relatively active they've been over the last 7 years or so, and how their 1994 Farm set has become a thing of legend, it's amazing that they haven't played in so long. 

Ben

were meant to be booked in 2020 and 2022 but think they couldn't agree on a slot it seems

they last did other headline in like 2010 and are probably park/jp now so might not like being told that. were meant to be SH at one point which is a huge drop off from other clearly

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I got a ticket for the Glasgow show at SWG3 on the back of that new intel. It very much sounds like space is competitive for electronic live acts this year

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Is it a definite ruling out or a 'we've got a tour to sell tickets for starting at the end of March so we need to pretend we're not playing Glasto'  ruling out? Either way i'm going to see them on the 1st April so will get at least one chance to see them this year.

59 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Is it a definite ruling out or a 'we've got a tour to sell tickets for starting at the end of March so we need to pretend we're not playing Glasto'  ruling out? Either way i'm going to see them on the 1st April so will get at least one chance to see them this year.

I mean they said they aren't playing. I don't think they would lie to sell tickets? when artists are playing and want to sell tickets they just do that err maybe

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Now that’s a name I might have expected on the poster. I’m right in thinking they’re not ruled out yet?

Seems unlikely I guess, not sure what slot they'd have. Did they headline West Holts in 2016?