comedy headliners

guypjfreak

We always make sure we get to the Impro Allstars at least once over the weekend. Normally Phill Jupitus is the most famous out of the group, Richard Vranch always does it too. It almost always ends up with someone on stage in a fit of giggles.

Same with us, we always go on a Friday and normally end up crying with laughter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like the Caberet stage, but more for its varied nature than the stand up. Don't really think the traditional stand up style show works there - mad rambling, improvised comedy interacting with the crowd works much better

Woody Bop Muddy, Phil Kay and Brendon Burns would be a good evening line up

he played London last year and a couple of years ago too, I wanted to go to see himat the Hammersmith Odeon, but couldn't find a flight/ get the time off work. His work is exceptional, streets ahead at the moment, and his TV show is pretty fucking good too. Personally, I'd put kitson above him, but he's gone all experimental and theatrical at the moment.

If you have to ask, you're streets behind.

I've never seen comedy at Glastonbury, I really must make a point of it next year.

I was on the production team for a small festival and I was determined to get a comedian on the main stage, we were supposed to be as diverse as possible, it wasn't a music festival and yet every performance ended up being music. Next year!

So yes, I really should go to the Cabaret tent for some comedy after fighting so hard for comedy at our festival haha.

he played London last year and a couple of years ago too, I wanted to go to see himat the Hammersmith Odeon, but couldn't find a flight/ get the time off work. His work is exceptional, streets ahead at the moment, and his TV show is pretty fucking good too. Personally, I'd put kitson above him, but he's gone all experimental and theatrical at the moment.

Did he? Shit, would've toddled over for that.

Kevin Bridges is hilarious

Louis CK is the only one I think I'd go and see at Glastonbury mind, though I doubt he'd do it

id love to see KB but wot about Jim Jefferies saw him a year or so ago and hes funny as fuck old son

Jim Jefferies is brilliant too

that really would be a headliner for me, he's all the worse/better for being at the festival. saw him there a few years back and laughed to within a hair's breadth of peeing myself, was quite embarrassing. would do it again in a second

my issue with last year's comedy was that everything i wanted to see was on friday, which with the exciting weather action and plenty i wanted to see meant nothing happened. didn't fancy toddling over to find it rammed with folk just getting out of the wets then the rest of the weekend didn't appeal so much

Edited by frostypaw

To be honest, I'd be up for a bit of comedy on the Pyramid Stage! Sod it, let's go the whole hog and have a comedy headliner!

Blimey, if we can have artists playing forms of music that caused people to froth at the mouth at the mere thought of it, then lets go one further and have a 'non-musical' headliner. Is Bill Bailey's stock high enough these days? Eddie Izzard? Tim Minchin? It would be a world record for sure. Believe it or not, the world record crowd for a comedy gig is held by German comedian Mario Barth who played in front of 70,000 at the Olympia Stadion in Berlin. Glasto could smash that and have a bloody good headliner as well.

To be honest, I'd be up for a bit of comedy on the Pyramid Stage! Sod it, let's go the whole hog and have a comedy headliner!

Blimey, if we can have artists playing forms of music that caused people to froth at the mouth at the mere thought of it, then lets go one further and have a 'non-musical' headliner. Is Bill Bailey's stock high enough these days? Eddie Izzard? Tim Minchin? It would be a world record for sure. Believe it or not, the world record crowd for a comedy gig is held by German comedian Mario Barth who played in front of 70,000 at the Olympia Stadion in Berlin. Glasto could smash that and have a bloody good headliner as well.

i can't think of a comedian who could fill the boots of a Pyramid headliner. definitely none of the acts you mentioned. comedians aren't really on the same star-level as your big rock stars etc