Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS don't leave that castle early! We'll all be at BT all weekend. The meet can happen anytime.

We have to be out of the castle by 10.00am promt on the Friday anyway. I now think we'll stay on the Thursday night and leave at about 7am on the Friday. We'll head straight back to Birmingham, jump into the pre-loaded and prepared campervan and then head straight up to BT. This will get us there in time for the meet. I've decided I'll be wearing my efests t shirts most of the weekend so if I don't make the meet then I might get stopped by efesters as I walk / stagger around the place.

I must have seen you at SEITD... anyway yeah will send my number to you and we can meet up anytime over the weekend, I'll bring you along to our camp to meet some other amazing people too :)

Nice one Paul. I suppose there was a good chance we passed each other at SEITD last year. A lovely little festival that one. :)

Anyone get the newsletter last night? saw this. Love the effort these guys put in to things.

The Free Bearded School is open for enrolments now.

On Friday 22nd May we will open the doors to the first Bearded School.
Lessons have been planned to reflect the national curriculum and lesson plans and a scheme of work will be available for any headteachers. The idea is that parents can prove the day off is educational.

So what have we got planned?
Festival Maths - collecting and collating data, measurements and percentages in respect of the festival.
English and Creative writing Songwriting and poetry writing
Science and creativity - make your own slime
History - learn about Catton Hall
Sports - Derby County Community Football workshops

The school will be open 9.30 until 3pm. lunch will be 12pm-1pm and parents are asked to ensure they meet their child at this time. Parents are welcome to join in with any of the classes.

Please complete the form below to guarantee your child/ren's spaces, resource pack and certificate.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ki3es25pIKhzMt7-BT-Tkq2_szg3PiXqve30ApEmu7U/viewform?usp=send_form

Anyone get the newsletter last night? saw this. Love the effort these guys put in to things.

The Free Bearded School is open for enrolments now.

On Friday 22nd May we will open the doors to the first Bearded School.

Lessons have been planned to reflect the national curriculum and lesson plans and a scheme of work will be available for any headteachers. The idea is that parents can prove the day off is educational.

So what have we got planned?

Festival Maths - collecting and collating data, measurements and percentages in respect of the festival.

English and Creative writing Songwriting and poetry writing

Science and creativity - make your own slime

History - learn about Catton Hall

Sports - Derby County Community Football workshops

The school will be open 9.30 until 3pm. lunch will be 12pm-1pm and parents are asked to ensure they meet their child at this time. Parents are welcome to join in with any of the classes.

Please complete the form below to guarantee your child/ren's spaces, resource pack and certificate.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ki3es25pIKhzMt7-BT-Tkq2_szg3PiXqve30ApEmu7U/viewform?usp=send_form

I didn't get the newsletter but after reading what you have posted you've really got to admire the thought that the people behind this festival have put in to this. It's really caring and considerate.

Excitement rising here too! Camping stuff almost sorted and more kit ordered for the kids area, where I shall be again this year :girlblum: . Coming down from Newcastle so hoping to be there Thursday mid-morning ready to crack a can and chuck the tent up!

I recognise that castle.... Didn't know you could rent it out. Used to have a family holiday annually in the town when I was younger. Hell of a journey back up to Bearded from there!

Yes you can rent it and many other historical buildings like follies, fortresses etc out. This is their site (see below) - I've done about 15 of their properties now and had a fantastic time in every one of them bar one. And the later was only due to a member of our group freaking out on mushrooms. The building itself was fantastic.

http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/

You can get some great deals if there's a load of you going to the larger ones. We did one in Bath and it worked out significantly cheaper than a hotel. There are also certain times of the year when they cost less.

Yeah, it's not going to be a great journey from the castle to BT. Fortunately I'm not driving on the way back to Birmingham, so that's a bit less stressful. However, normally if I'm not driving (doesn't happen very often) I like to have a drink and a smoke and maybe something else. I can't do that this time because we'll have to jump in to the ready prepared campervan the minute we arrive back at our house to get to BT at the earliest we can - I have every intention of getting to the meet up. That said we are experiencing waves of financial shite at the moment - I now know why they invented the saying ' that the shit has hit the fan'. It just conjures it all up so succinctly.

Hi. I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone again at Bearded Theory, the first festival of the year for me. I've not posted here for a year or so, but glad to see some people that I know in the real world, and some people who I know from their posts, but don't think I've met. Yoghurt on a Stick, from the Glasto countdown thread and Pinhead from 2011 when I struggled to get tickets and came to efestivals for support. (We got ours in the May 2nd resale, eventually). I was also down at SEITD last September.

Hopefully our paths will cross at Bearded.

Starting to get very concerned about some clashes. What a problem to have, this brilliant band or that brilliant band☺

Aye, there's the chance of a few for me too - but as you say its a good problem..

Whats the chances of seeing the Mission and RDF? Am sure I read before somewhere, that you can always see 2 headliners..

God damn you BT and your brilliant line up.

Anyway 4 weeks today :-)

Edited by Perks

I'm pretty sure that the stage times were staggered last year, so that the headliner on the woodland stage was on after the headliner on the main stage had finished - I do remember toddling over to see Mark Chadwick after UB40 had finished last year. Out of interest, has anyone had a go at doing a clashfinder?