Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having a look and not sure how right it is though......... Thursday BT said that music started at 4pm so I shall cross things and hope RDF are a bit earlier.

But RDF are headlining SE Tent which shuts at 12:00, so 11 until 12 sounds right to me, and I dont think Zion Train will start until The Mission finish at 11, so its not looking good

...only hope is if Zion Train start late

....but I want to see The Talks & Jaya

...this is why I hate Bearded, so many clashes

...my clash finder is just all green

But RDF are headlining SE Tent which shuts at 12:00, so 11 until 12 sounds right to me, and I dont think Zion Train will start until The Mission finish at 11, so its not looking good

...only hope is if Zion Train start late

....but I want to see The Talks & Jaya

...this is why I hate Bearded, so many clashes

...my clash finder is just all green

We will just have to pull the plug at magical sounds so they are running late.

Just done my CF

It is very green

At least I will be happy wherever I am

The Clashfinder for Bearded is just educated guesswork based on the line-up poster, last years stage and set timings, plus whatever can be gleaned from those who know a little (or a lot!).

Last year there was not one and the programmes were not available to buy until Friday afternoon - which made it very hard to plan. While it is bound to be inaccurate in parts, the general gist of it should be okay .... plus it is open for public editing by anyone who may have a better insight than the author (not difficult!)

Edited by archivist

Not that I need anything extra to watch but is there anything on in Magical Sounds (apart from Drum Machine) that isn't dance music? Each to their own and all that but it doesn't do nothing for me.

I do stick my head in every now and then it looks great but I can only handle the music for a minute or two.

Sorry to sound like a miserable old git but I believe there has been some non dance gubbins in the past?

Ushti Baba, first thing Sunday, are world music I think. See you there for that one.

I'm told Halcyon and Grousebeater Soundsystem are not dissimilar to Paetbog Fairies, who played The Dance Tent two years ago. Which will be fantastic but I'm suspecting they'll clash.

That clashfinder is apparently well off at parts, just buy a programme folks :)

Remember 4pm meet up on Friday at Gails Tea Tent

I'm going to burst my bollocks trying to get to that meet, but if I don't I hope you all have a great meet up and festival. It's actually looking like we might get to the festival now but I really don't want to tempt fate by saying it's in the bag. :)

Oh yes... Definitely buy a programme regardless. I have pre-ordered mine... Which caused a little problem last year as they did not have their pre order collection process working and it took until late Friday afternoon to get one! .(I understand they have a more robust process planned this year).

The Clashfinder is really to help people to check out acts in advance so that they can hone on what to see. Once you arrive at the festival and there are several acts you may not know 'clashing' in a 'gap ' it is too late to check them out and work out which one to see.. Or whether to give them all a miss!

I have read that the times are inaccurate but unless they completely change the running order they should be a reasonable approximate... I think there might be one or two additions yet to come though which could throw things out(such as Mark Chadwick on the Thursday which I was unaware of) - a couple of the stage line-ups have one less act than last year for example.

Edited by archivist

RDF, Zion Train and The Talks clash argh that's criminal. Zion Train in Magical Sounds is too much for me, I gotta be there. Cosmosis, NMA & Inner Terrestrials clashing too. Only had one small glance and its clash central!

Have 3DM and Mark Chadwick swapped positions? Thought 3DM were headlining Thursday? not that it matters, as I'll be in there for it all anyway.

Hats off the clashfinder author anyway. Good to see the running order.

Ushti Baba, first thing Sunday, are world music I think. See you there for that one.

I'm told Halcyon and Grousebeater Soundsystem are not dissimilar to Paetbog Fairies, who played The Dance Tent two years ago. Which will be fantastic but I'm suspecting they'll clash.

Ohh I'll check out Halcyon and Grousebeater then if they are similar to Paetbog Fairies. Great fun they are.

1 week to go. Cant wait. Gonna do some shopping tonight, need some cheap WKD's for the Port - Cheeky Vimto's (I think they are called that, damn lovely anyway). Also need some cornflakes for the boozy Chocolate 'space' cornflake cakes we're gonna make. Its a comprehensive shopping list tonight!!

Edited by Perks

Neck have announced for 1:30, Clashfinder Guru. & they'd better have more than a half hour slot!

thanks - amended - stage must be opening earlier this year so adjusted slightly - also there is ambiguity over who is headlining Afro Celt or NMA, with pointers to the former -- so switched those around, along with a couple more switches in running order that i have gleaned, includign Chadwick/3DM and Dillon/Smarme

Have also re-ordered the stages so that the main two appear first. I know the organisers like to stagger sets between main two stages so have shuffled a couple of the timings to hopefuly reflect accuracy.

What is inaccurate at present is set times. I dont know if bands have been booked for (or requested) 30 mins, 45 mins or 60 mins so i have had to do best guess here - again based primarily on position in running order coupled with last years timings

Edited by archivist

thanks - amended - stage must be opening earlier this year so adjusted slightly - also there is ambiguity over who is headlining Afro Celt or NMA, with pointers to the former -- so switched those around, along with a couple more switches in running order that i have gleaned, includign Chadwick/3DM and Dillon/Smarme

Have also re-ordered the stages so that the main two appear first. I know the organisers like to stagger sets between main two stages so have shuffled a couple of the timings to hopefuly reflect accuracy.

What is inaccurate at present is set times. I dont know if bands have been booked for (or requested) 30 mins, 45 mins or 60 mins so i have had to do best guess here - again based primarily on position in running order coupled with last years timings

Thank you

Cheers for doing this. Adds more excitement, which I didn't think was possible.