Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can definitely make Thursday now :cool: but don't think the tent will be up until around 4ish.

Any idea on the bands start time on Thursday?

Im sure I saw somewhere that said it was 4 or 5 (either of those would make sense given the number of bands playing. Gates in only 2 o it wont be too early :-)

Went beer shopping last night, the booze arsenal is ready...have locked it in a cupboard at work so am not tempted to tuck into it...

Only 3 weeks to wait.

I can see the reports in the paper now....

"Woman arrested breaking into her workplace at midnight. Police said she was muttering something about alcohol and a locked cupboard."

Looks completely re-worked campsite-wise from last year. Main access has changed to the other bend in the road further down from last years access point (which looks like it might be used for accessibility this year). Tipis are where staff / Oxfam were, camping is where campervans were. Sensibly, family camping has now been isolated from the main camping areas, and the opportunity for un-stewarded access to the main arena has been eliminated now it seems. Site is generally looks bigger too. Not sure if they have a big enough area for campervans and not sure where all the crew are going to go tbh since they now occupy the area of what was largely crew before. New cinema too.

Looks completely re-worked campsite-wise from last year. Main access has changed to the other bend in the road further down from last years access point (which looks like it might be used for accessibility this year). Tipis are where staff / Oxfam were, camping is where campervans were. Sensibly, family camping has now been isolated from the main camping areas, and the opportunity for un-stewarded access to the main arena has been eliminated now it seems. Site is generally looks bigger too. Not sure if they have a big enough area for campervans and not sure where all the crew are going to go tbh since they now occupy the area of what was largely crew before. New cinema too.

Hi Pinhead, The entrances from the campsite to the Arena are the same as last year arent they? (in fact there is one more - the locked gate next to the teepee field goes into the arena?

I think the Campervan field looks slightly bigger - it was where Walton Woods is this year, but I think the big issue in that area was cars and lots of tents and massive awnings - which they seem to be clamping down on a little?

I get very excited about maps!!!

The one thing I did think is that general camping looks loads bigger than it was last year!!

Edited by stuwilky

Hi Pinhead, The entrances from the campsite to the Arena are the same as last year arent they? (in fact there is one more - the locked gate next to the teepee field goes into the arena?

I think the Campervan field looks slightly bigger - it was where Walton Woods is this year, but I think the big issue in that area was cars and lots of tents and massive awnings - which they seem to be clamping down on a little?

I get very excited about maps!!!

The one thing I did think is that general camping looks loads bigger than it was last year!!

To me it looks like there are three over the one entrance from last year campsite wise anyway. Camping has essentially been split up over last year I think.

To me it looks like there are three over the one entrance from last year campsite wise anyway. Camping has essentially been split up over last year I think.

Camping has been increased space wise as well - there is an extra field, the field labelled at Catton Camping wasnt used last year.

I get ridiculously over excited about maps!

Tickets despatched.

:good:

Even better, tickets received :sarcastic: Yesterday, handwritten envelope, cannot imagine Glastonbury being able to do this!! Mine were ordered via Louder Than War. Lovely Sky blue Pirate themed car park pass. Also tickets look very professional with Secure hologram style. Really excited now and hopefully the shit weather will have passed by then.