Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Chadwick special guest on Thursday night.

Aces. Heard this from a pal last night...didn't believe him. I love the way I read it on here and instantly believe. Great addition.

Where you guys all meeting up then? I might pop along..if that's ok? I'll bring port :-)

6 weeks today and I'll be sat at work, most likely on here, counting down the hours till 2pm when I can get out of here and hit BT. Lets hope the weather is like this too - it wont be, but lets hope.

That Thursday line up is ridiculously good. I cant friggen wait

6 weeks today and I'll be sat at work, most likely on here, counting down the hours till 2pm when I can get out of here and hit BT. Lets hope the weather is like this too - it wont be, but lets hope.

That Thursday line up is ridiculously good. I cant friggen wait

Did we do this last summer as well (frankly its summer now!)

6 weeks from now I'll just have hit the M65 I reckon!

Yes Stu, I suspect we probably did. I was booking me time off work and realised it was only 6 weeks away, that got me excited and felt I needed to share it on here.

How long does it take you Stu, Manchester I presume?

Yes Stu, I suspect we probably did. I was booking me time off work and realised it was only 6 weeks away, that got me excited and felt I needed to share it on here.

How long does it take you Stu, Manchester I presume?

I live just south of Preston, but the other half is Blackburn and all the festival kit is there. So its a leisurely 2 and a bit hours to Catton. Where are you?

5 weeks today and I'll be arriving on site for the build, last year the full week was glorious up till gates opening... Id take the opposite this year!

BT is the first of the year for us.

3 weeks tomorrow and I have got Brew @ The Bog... eek!

I live just south of Preston, but the other half is Blackburn and all the festival kit is there. So its a leisurely 2 and a bit hours to Catton. Where are you?

Ah you've a fair way to come then. I'm in Birmingham, but I work in Tamworth, like 15 mins from the site, so I can work the morning, get picked up from here and be there in no time. Only good thing about working in Tamworth!!

5 weeks today and I'll be arriving on site for the build, last year the full week was glorious up till gates opening... Id take the opposite this year!

3 weeks tomorrow and I have got Brew @ The Bog... eek!

I was talking about last years weather the other day to me pal who's coming with us this year, the week before stunning, stunning the Thursday morning, left work, and it smashed it down, that was some serious rain. I'll take it the other way round this year too.

It now looks like me and my wife will not be able to attend our first BT. This is super annoying but there's not much I can do about it. I was so looking forward to the meet up too.

If any of you know anybody looking for two tickets and a campervan ticket then please direct them my way.

Ah Yog, that's a bitch, nothing you can do? Shame that is. Try the BT forum for selling your tickets, might get some luck there. I'll ask around for you.

Ah Yog, that's a bitch, nothing you can do? Shame that is. Try the BT forum for selling your tickets, might get some luck there. I'll ask around for you.

There's an outside chance that we'd still go to the festival if we didn't shift the tickets. If that happened it would probably involve arriving after the meet on the Friday which means I'd miss hooking up with people off here which I'd like to do. It's such an outside chance though that it doesn't make sense not trying to flog the tickets beforehand. I've only heard good things about BT and can just tell it's an ace festival by the excitement of people on here posting.

Thanks for your offer of asking around. Appreciated.

Gutted Yog, think everyone has got tickets who wanted them, but have stuck on facebook.

That's appreciated, thanks stuwilky. I'm absolutely gutted myself. If I don't manage to sell the tickets then I guess there's an outside chance that I'd go but wouldn't necessarily get there for the meet. I'm really not sure how to go about things. Basically I've rented this castle in Devon to celebrate my wedding anniversary until the Friday morning;

Kingswear%20Castle%20and%20wave.jpg

Believe me, renting a castle ain't cheap. I actually booked it 2 years ago (ie before I'd even got married) such is the waiting list for the place. It's only relatively recently that it's dawned on me that there's an overlap in time with BT. I guess I could leave the castle a day early but that's even more of a financial hit than the whole cost of the BT tickets. On top of that I'm now skint so doing both events would be tricky. In my heart though I still desperatley want to go to BT and even more so the meet up. I guess time will tell what happens.

That does look pretty awesome

It does indeed look like the dog's back sacks. That's one of the reasons why I think it's going to be hard to leave it a day early to get to BT on the Thursday. We've only got it from the Monday at 4pm. Still, I should thank my lucky stars that I'm in such a dilemma really - I know that there's a lot of people who would love to be in the same boat.

That looks bloody beautiful. Congratulations on your anniversary, what a lovely way to spend it. Why dont you come up after, if you have to leave the castle on the Friday anyway? BT can be done on the cheap if you bring your own booze and food. Easier said than done though.

That looks bloody beautiful. Congratulations on your anniversary, what a lovely way to spend it. Why dont you come up after, if you have to leave the castle on the Friday anyway? BT can be done on the cheap if you bring your own booze and food. Easier said than done though.

Thanks for the congratulations Perks. I may well play it the way you mention and get to BT on the Friday if the money situation allows it. If we were to leave Devon very early on the Friday we'd possibly even be able to make the meet. Oh bollocks to it - I think I'm going to have to make it happen and meet you guys and gals at BT. I so so want to go.

Right I'm off to discuss how we are going to achieve this with my wife. We've got a campervan with gas, so all we'll really need is fuel money, drink money, and food money. We would bring our own drinks and food anyway, and it'll not cost a lot to get to BT and back from Birmingham. Bollocks to it - count me back in the game again.

Facebook ad removed!! Awesome stuff Yog!

As an aside, we managed to stockpile booze and food and did our very first bearded theory on £26 when we were massively skint a few years ago

£10 on some fake beards

£6 on a programme

£4 on some fingerpuppets

and £6 for a curry to share on the Sunday night when we couldnt face any more of the food we took!

Have a lovely relaxing time at the castle, ready for a party on the weekend - sounds pretty perfect!!

Edited by stuwilky

Facebook ad removed!! Awesome stuff Yog!

As an aside, we managed to stockpile booze and food and did our very first bearded theory on £26 when we were massively skint a few years ago

£10 on some fake beards

£6 on a programme

£4 on some fingerpuppets

and £6 for a curry to share on the Sunday night when we couldnt face any more of the food we took!

Have a lovely relaxing time at the castle, ready for a party on the weekend - sounds pretty perfect!!

Thanks for removing the ad on Facebook stuwilky. I've decided that even if I have to eat bananas all weekend to save on money then that's what I'll do to get there. There's plenty of cheap booze offers on all the time so will be on the look out for them between now and BT. I've also now decided to sell some of my possessions on ebay which I just don't use or need to build up a fighting fund. I've got a family of 7 or 8 mannequins in my garage which are now going up for sale. I bought them from a fancy dress shop when I was pissed once. My idea was to position them clothed around my rear garden as a kind of art installation. I was then going to change their clothes to suit the seasons. Anyway, it dawned on me that it would probably be the last straw for my neighbours so I didn't go ahead with it.

Thanks for your best wishes for the castle. See you at BT :)