Bearded Theory 2015

Ringo_Spar

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking it could be fun to tell folks that we'll be spending a long weekend in Valhalla! :D

Even better! Imagine getting to tell your friends that you're going to be spending a long weekend in bum fluff - teehee - I like it! :D Easily entertained, me!

Nice few additions tonight. Sonic Boom Six replacing The Skints. Gutted the Skints aren't going to be there, but a great replacement. Hugh Cornwall and his band also added to the Friday main stage. Ace

See you there Yoghurt and Paul. Neil and Scot are you going this year?

Hello Pinhead. Yeah, I can't wait. That said, it only occured to me earlier today that I've managed to double book a part of Bearded Theory with being on a trip to another part of the country to celebrate my wedding anniversary prior to the festival starting. I'd booked this other trip two years ago, as that's the waiting list time to use the accommodation. The only way I can do it is to leave the wedding anniversary celebrations a day early and drive like a bastard to Birmingham, pick up the campervan, and head straight to Bearded.The downside of this is that the one night missed elsewhere will have cost me a major bundle in pre-paid accommodation fees that they will not consider refunding.

Hopefully all those going off here can meet up and have a few beers. Has there been any organised meet up in years gone bye?

I'm not sure about an organised meet as such but there are loads of us who camp together who originally met on this forum and have gone on to form real 'real-life' friendships.

Most of them don't come on here anymore.

I'm more than up for meeting up for a bevvy or whatever, but I'm also well aware that I'm shite at arranging to be anywhere at a specific time. But it would be great to try!!

I'm not sure about an organised meet as such but there are loads of us who camp together who originally met on this forum and have gone on to form real 'real-life' friendships.

Most of them don't come on here anymore.

I'm more than up for meeting up for a bevvy or whatever, but I'm also well aware that I'm shite at arranging to be anywhere at a specific time. But it would be great to try!!

Thanks greenfairy43. I'd be up for arranging a meet up but it'll be my first time going to BT so don't know the layout at all, or what would be the best day / night to arrange it for. I know that I'll not be arriving on site until late on the Thursday evening / night. Perhaps I could suggest a meet up at about 5pm on the Friday - just to get the ball rolling on this one. If the people going off here are up for that then maybe somebody else could pitch up with a venue to meet at.

I guess it depends on who's playing at the time.

I understand. The only act I need to see is James. If they play Sound then it's highly likely I'll try to sing and dance. Given that I can do neither nowadays this will actually represent itself in the form of slap stick comedy - and drooling.

One of the bars would make sense. Even if we can't sort a Meet as such, it would be good to put a face to a name.

The only knowledge of the bars that I currently have is that I know that I will visit them all. It would be great to meet up at one of them - I'll PM you my details.

Cool. Do you know anyone else on here who's going, in 'real' life?

Pity the Cider Bus isn't there, automatic meeting point. (I'll be the twatted one in sequins!)

Just tried to PM you and it 'bounced' back saying that you can't currently receive messages. I'll try again in a bit.

I don't know anybody off here personally that's going to BT. It would be nice if we could arrange a meet up though.

If you are going to wear sequins then I will too - I was up late at night on ebay once when a fully silver coloured shiney sequinned full jacket and trousers came up for sale. Needless to say, I bought it. Not exactly my usual attire but something I'll wear now and again if the mood is right.

Ooo, my bloke (Rabid off of here) might get sequin envy!!

I always wear sequins at festivals, he often does now too!

Excellent - this is going to be sequintastic. Now if all the others off efests going could also wear sequins then there's a possibility that we'll be able to perform open heart surgery on the dance floor - if the strobes are positioned just rightly.