Where is everyone travelling from...

Padgey

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durban, South Africa. Flying in the weekend before, coach up from London, a couple days to recover after the festival and then heading back home. Bringing a newbie with who's biggest music festival to date would have fitted easily within the pyramid stage field (including cars and camping and everything). Its going to be such an awesome experience to introduce her to Glastonbury!

Westmeath, Ireland here, Most years I drive/ferry but going on my own this year so looking at train/ferry about 13hours

And a man from Westmeath called Malone....

I'm coaching it from Birmingham, no idea on times yet, just know its Wednesday departure, never been by coach before, pleased they'll be no driving involved for us. Does anyone know how long it takes by coach from Bham?

6th fest in a row.... whooop. Will be leading the convoy at some point on wednesday morning leaving west sussex at around 5.30am.... picking up the london crew at popham on a303 then almighty stretch of single lane double lane, stonehenge hell on the a303 until we reach the traffic mgt which we then avoid as we want to be parked in the west carparks, so we boomerang past the site and then go via Shepton Mallet to the site...

Last year, I think we locked into worthy FM at around 9 am, got stuck in a bit of traffic, as the last approach to the festival took ages and we queued for for a while at the gates. Looking at a pic I took, looks like we finally got in around midday... and tents were going up at 12.30ish...

• 2 weeks later...

Heading down from Ayrshire on the Wednesday when the weans get out of school. Looks like about 7 hours with a clear run at it. I came down with them on the bus in 2013 ( coach ticket package ) so will be good to bring more supplies in the car. Plus the Mrs is coming this time so less time for me in the Kidz Field :)

Edit : The kids field is brilliant but you know what I mean.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

1st timers here! Group of us from waterford and dublin in ireland flying into bristol on the wednesday and then travelling with the coach package. Counting down the days, cant wait!!

Doing the exact same Davy. Are you planning on bringing tents, camping equipment etc. or just getting it there? I have a a 6 man tent but I dread to think how much Ryanair will charge me to bring it.

Heading from Taunton , so a quick 45 minute (hopefully) trip on the wed down the road for festival number 11 , dont know how we have been so lucky to get tickets ( have won them in the past , won the chance to buy them , and also purchased them in the resale , dont give up :) ) !!

Just curious (I have mine) but how do you win the chance to buy them?