Acoustic stage 2015 wish list

matt2007

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some excellent suggestions here mates. Would be made up with some of your's.

I particularly like the idea of:

Roger Hodgson

Joan Baez

First Aid Kit

Eddie Vedder

Steve Earle

Glen Hansard

Ryan Adams

Here's more than a few cheeky inclusions...

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

James Taylor

Ian Anderson / Jethro Tull

John Butler Trio

Ray LaMontagne

Tracy Chapman

Turin Brakes

Steve Hackett

Joe Bonamassa (Acoustic set)

Foy Vance

Dawes

Richard Thompson

My big wish for The Acoustic Stage next year would be for them to improve the sound system, For the last couple of years the quality of the sound has been bloody awful!! As far as bands are concerned the bookers should get in touch with Keston Cobblers Club - fantastic band who have played the Avalon Cafe for the last couple of festivals and the huge crowds this year means that they must be moved up to one of the bigger stages so that more people can get a chance to see them. If you have not witnessed one of their gigs - you are missing out on something really special.

• 2 weeks later...

Some excellent suggestions here mates. Would be made up with some of your's.

I particularly like the idea of:

Roger Hodgson

Joan Baez

First Aid Kit

Eddie Vedder

Steve Earle

Glen Hansard

Ryan Adams

Here's more than a few cheeky inclusions...

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

James Taylor

Ian Anderson / Jethro Tull

John Butler Trio

Ray LaMontagne

Tracy Chapman

Turin Brakes

Steve Hackett

Joe Bonamassa (Acoustic set)

Foy Vance

Dawes

Richard Thompson

+ 1 for Dave & Tim/DMB/Just Dave

great acoustic gigs

was an interview on youtube somewhere where he mentioned glasto & "how they only ever did a breakfast slot, back when they just started & somewhere around tea time now" would be good, full band surely would be the pyramid though id think (probs afternoon but still), dave or +Tim in the acoustic + would be equally as up there on my list

JBT again would love to see them acoustic stage or maybe avalon, saw them in Bristol not too long ago & was good

I'll go with Tezshields' list.

Possibly adding a scaled down set from Wilko Johnson if he doesn't make The Pyramid.

And Show of Hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2hUARm8Lo

Edited by grumpyhack

My big wish for The Acoustic Stage next year would be for them to improve the sound system, For the last couple of years the quality of the sound has been bloody awful!!

Fraid I have to agree... You can have all the brilliant bands in the world, but as with Suzanne Vega this year, if you're anywhere within striking distance of the stage you just can't hear them well at all. I imagine it's coz most of the acts aren't really acoustic but smallish electric bands, which the PA setup wasn't optimised for.

they'd have to get the band back together - be nice to have Leo Moran & Anto Thistlethwaite though.

No way, they have split, that makes sense now seen as though Leo and Anto are playing in Bham soon, for some reason I just presumed it was a one off thing. Ah so, yeah lets get Leo and Anto then. I'd be well happy with that

• 1 month later...