Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that's pretty telling. wouldn't surprise me if he brings on Skepta and the like as well like he did at his Koko show

Yeah. For the first time I think this is gonna happen, based on that. Although it could just be Big Sean appearing on his own at Glastonbury. :P

Big Sean at those two small shows is kind of a big deal in itself isn't it? That would be cool if I could be arsed right after Glastonbury.

ha yeah it could be that, but i doubt it. is Big Sean that big over here/any good? i've honestly always thought he was a bit of a cornball rapper but have been constantly told otherwise. think i may have to check him out considering him and Kanye are joint at the hip these days (and, if he does make an appearance, will no doubt play one or two of his own songs - Blessings and I Don't Fuck With You i presume)

who the hell is big sean?

Sean Kingston.

Nah, he's Kanye's protégé. And I'm pretty sure he guests with him quite frequently.

ha yeah it could be that, but i doubt it. is Big Sean that big over here/any good? i've honestly always thought he was a bit of a cornball rapper but have been constantly told otherwise. think i may have to check him out considering him and Kanye are joint at the hip these days (and, if he does make an appearance, will no doubt play one or two of his own songs - Blessings and I Don't Fuck With You i presume)

I've always liked him but that doesn't make him credible or anything. :P He's pretty big in the game at the moment. Even if it's just Kanye mentioning him at any opportunity.

I've always liked him but that doesn't make him credible or anything. :P He's pretty big in the game at the moment. Even if it's just Kanye mentioning him at any opportunity.

i know he's huge in the US but the only times i've heard him have been his occasional verses in Kanye songs, which have been err... questionable. downloading his newest album now though - seems to have done alright critically

anyway, not to go all Matt about this but i definitely think this means Kanye's headlining which is damn exciting. and the Saturday as well. just the Sunday to go then (which i still think is Swift)

i know he's huge in the US but the only times i've heard him have been his occasional verses in Kanye songs, which have been err... questionable. downloading his newest album now though - seems to have done alright critically

anyway, not to go all Matt about this but i definitely think this means Kanye's headlining which is damn exciting. and the Saturday as well. just the Sunday to go then (which i still think is Swift)

29th and 30th is Monday and Tuesday so it could still be Sunday. I think it will be personally.

Yeah, I do think this gives a lot of weight to the matter. I've just been on songkick, those Big Sean shows are the only ones he's playing outside the US. You'd think if he was promoting he'd be all over Europe, not just here.

Yeah, I do think this gives a lot of weight to the matter. I've just been on songkick, those Big Sean shows are the only ones he's playing outside the US. You'd think if he was promoting he'd be all over Europe, not just here.

yeah they definitely seem more like 'whilst i'm here i'll do some shows' rather than him coming over here to tour properly. i'm stoked! also pretty great to know that if Kanye is headlining he's planning on bringing out some guests as well. what with him and Rihanna touring together around this time as well it's not inconceivable to think she could make an appearance - got quite a few songs together now

Edited by FloorFiller

This does now look increasingly likely.

I am a big fan of his early work and I do quite like yeezus but he seems to focus really heavily on new stuff.

and the thought of listening to a half hour rant is so so off putting

Very unsure of whether I would be there or not.

If he behaves it could be huge

If he doesnt it will tank so hard

he played a fairly big mix of old and new when i saw him at Wireless (although unfortunately seems to be playing less and less from Late Registration with each tour). he's definitely not one to play a new album in it's entirety at a festival show, anyway - he knows what people want to hear (except Gold Digger which he now hates)