Best small random act?

Guest sedra

We lasted 2 Metallica numbers then wandered off to find something else on Sat night and came across Weapons of Mass Percussion- 7 drummers who were brilliant on the Sensation Seekers stage. Anyone come across any other random small act who were great?

Reignwolf who opened the John Peel Stage Saturday morning. The singer was ridiculously talented, at one point was playing the drums and his guitar at the same time (and not just the kick drum). Also had the added surrealism of a tractor driving in and out of the tent dumping mulch into the almost ruined floor in the center

Edited by howlin_pete

I was walking through the Silver Haye on Friday afternoon sand heard a massive racket from the Gully stage that definitely wasn't dance music. Turned out to be a South Korean folk post rock band called Jambinai. They were great! Everyone in the crowd was asking "Who the hell was that?!".

Edited by fowls

Rodney branegan was amazing and so much more than 'one man two guitars' (which was all i had vaguely heard of before). Him and 'tim' were both hugely talented, i enjoyed the cover of hey ya and loved creep (which is a radiohead fan i had otherwise lost interest in years ago).

On Saturday just before it started tipping it down we were on our way to the South East corner and walked past greenpeace where we heard these loud, crazy beats. Thinking it sounded fun, we decided to investigate and ended up having an absolutely fantastic time dancing in the torrential downpour with complete strangers to Too Many Ts, a kind of classic, comical hip hop group. That then became our highlight of the festival.

We saw Carnival Collective near the Mutoid set and they were good. Out of Space on brass and percussion was amazing.

And I keep mentioning them as much as I can, Skinny Lister were awesome, I've never seen a band pour so much energy in to a performance.

Edited by joy114

House Gospel Choir. Acoustic stage, Sunday early evening. Especially the girl in the pink shirt soloing towards the end, who was, well, astonishingly good. True house classics, pianos, bass, drums and Gospel choir. What is there not to love?. No worthwhile examples available on Youtube unfortunately, you know I'd post 'em if there were ;)