• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Just left a Q&A with Michael at the Victoria and Albert in London. He let slip at the end while taking photos that the final headliner may be two British acts and he said Chris Martin is involved in it.

For those that missed the excitement last night, and are trying to catch up

Hmmmm .... the only stuff I know about this is what I've just read in this thread.

But I'm inclined to think that the stuff about Chris Martin is right, because I'm still very puzzled about how what I heard about Coldplay was wrong.

That's not me trying to cover my wrong - perhaps I was wrong and still am - but what I heard of Coldplay shouldn't have been wrong, because other info came with it and that has proven 100% right - and I know this source has fantastic access to certain bits of info which have proven to be right on every other occasion over many years.

Add into that the "I'm sorry it's not Coldplay" that Emily said to me 10 days ago - which seemed just a little odd - and I'm having trouble thinking Michael's telling porkies.

Yeah, I know, I'm hoping the Chris Martin thing is right, as it shows efests wasn't so wrong after all .... but Michael might often stretch the truth, tho I can't think of another time Michael has used someone's name like that when there's not been truth behind it.

I'm a new member Neil, do you mind giving a reminder of what your Chris Martin info was to those of us who missed it first time around?

Paul McCartney with a little help from his friends sounded great.

I agree this sounds great but almost too good to be true. Although Could explaine why they have extended the pyramid field like the did for the Stones, as having Paul and Ringo together would defiantly pull a massive crowd.

Edited by Tdiz

I agree this sounds great but almost too good to be true. Although Could explaine why they have extended the pyramid field like the did for the Stones, as having Paul and Ringo together would defiantly pull a massive crowd.

There was a guy litter picking last year who reckons the extension was there still. I'd not use it as a barometer of the headline act.

Having not heard Radio 6 for about 6 months, the two things I have heard pretty much straight away are a mention of Prince and right now a Stone Roses song playing. So that's the 3rd headliner supergroup right there. Can't wait!

I would love to see either pink floyd or stone roses be the mystery headliner however im not too optimistic. Not that im too fussed as if its someone not to my preference theres always somewhere to go

Edited by kellly

I'm a new member Neil, do you mind giving a reminder of what your Chris Martin info was to those of us who missed it first time around?

I heard - from what has always been a fanastic and only-ever-accurate source (including with other info that came at the same time) - that Coldplay were headlining.

Emily has denied that they are firstly to Scott (the editor here), and then to my face about 10 days ago.

But if there's some sort of Chris Martin &/or Coldplay collaboration, that pretty-much puts my info back into being accurate - because that sort of finer-detail might not have reached the ears of my source.

I heard - from what has always been a fanastic and only-ever-accurate source (including with other info that came at the same time) - that Coldplay were headlining.

Emily has denied that they are firstly to Scott (the editor here), and then to my face about 10 days ago.

But if there's some sort of Chris Martin &/or Coldplay collaboration, that pretty-much puts my info back into being accurate - because that sort of finer-detail might not have reached the ears of my source.

Cheers Neil

So when you had that 'oops I've made a terrible mistake...' moment - did a source tell you that they were definitely not headlining? How was it you were so sure, at that moment, that your info was wrong?