Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at it's 25:Live, which I found to be the most embarrassingly shit live performance I've ever seen on film. Completely toothless and un-self aware show played to fawning American idiots. He needs to stop doing that crap when he passes the audience so that they can tell him how wonderful he is, self-serving pish.

You want to see a great Moz film then I recommend the Hollywood bowl film.

And, for a little slice of history, his first ever gig at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in 1988

Band is Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce and Craig Gannon, originally intended to be a Smiths reunion, but Marr refused to be involved, so Moz as a solo artist rose from the ashes.

It's going to be Prince with a big "told you so" smile on his face. And at the end of his set he'll say "see you round the place all weekend".

We'll all spend three days rushing from Shangri-La to the Bandstand to the Rabbit Hole to Williams Green to Avalon to Croissant Neuf, all on the basis of spurious rumours whipped up on Twitter. The BBC will go into meltdown; another 250 staff will screech down the M4 to Pilton just to capture a glimpse of his purpleness.

And throughout it all, Prince will be appearing in one of those tents made of hemp in the Green Fields, hosting a discussion about being a Jehovah's Witness. And at the end of it, in front of a crowd of seven 60-year-old hippies, he'll whip out his guitar and perform a solo set of Purple Rain in its entirety.

Mark my words.

And when we get home and read about it on the web, we'll tell all our friends that we were there.

Edited by robu

Oh I hope it's not Morrissey, he was in a right strop last time I saw him there in 2004. He actually looked down at the crowd (well, he looks down on everyone) and said "I bet you're all feeling pretty disgusting right now. I feel like that everyday and usually I'm nowhere near mud. Except psychologically". Great way to accelerate the post-Glastonbury blues. Twat.

Oh I hope it's not Morrissey, he was in a right strop last time I saw him there in 2004. He actually looked down at the crowd (well, he looks down on everyone) and said "I bet you're all feeling pretty disgusting right now. I feel like that everyday and usually I'm nowhere near mud. Except psychologically". Great way to accelerate the post-Glastonbury blues. Twat.