Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's here....

Summary

The theme yesterday of a dry Thursday looks most mostly correct, although some rain is possible for the evening. The trend for the weeknd continues to worsen.

Friday and Saturday are both looking potentially troublesome in terms of rainfall, enough to quite possible cause mud issues, and depending on the luck with the showers, this may range to minor amounts of mud, and moderate amounts of mud. Perhaps then a bit better on Saturday.

Sunglasses and sun cream may be needed for the festival, to start and between the showers for the weekend, but wellies look an absolute must, they may not be needed, but I would suggest they probably would. It is a good job, I have stopped the ratings, as it would have bee worse than the 6 of yesterday.,

The final blog will be tomorrow, and with further updates on the main thread, please keep in touch on there and don't be afraid to post photos on the main thread, of yourselves at Glastonbury and the weather conditions on site, even to prove me wrong, if the weather turns out better than I fear, I hope that happens anyway.

whats the current state of the site... matey saying its already muddy, but he does talk a lot of shit

He does indeed talk shite. It hasn't rained here in Pilton for at least 2 weeks now. There is so much dust on the tracks and walkways on the farm that they are currently spraying them with water to dampen down the dust!

I thought it was a reasonably optimistic forecast. It's not as if he's said 'IT WILL RAIN EVERY SINGLE DAY' and he entertains the possibility that, after Friday, the low pressure could leave the UK entirely and move towards the continent - meaning we'd get a dry saturday/sunday.

Isn't netweather now showing basically fuck all rain (compared to some of the forecasts) for the entire weekend? 0mm on Wednesday, 1.46mm Thursday evening ('V Light'), 1.69mm Friday ('Showers'), 4.56mm Saturday ('Showers'), 1.05mm Sunday ('V Light / 'Showers').

STICK

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;ct=BA44BY~BA44BY;sess=#forecast

The fact that he has stopped the rating scale because its 'worse than the 6 yesterday' suggests to me we're probably going to be in the shit...

He said he was going to stop anyways, gawd some of the people here are LOOKING for bad news. He said it could be minorly muddy or fairly muddy. At no point he say it would be extremely muddy. Not to mention a lot of forecasts aren't showing much rain at all, we're literally going to have to find out on the day I'm afraid.