Weather

matt_berr

Have been raging on this thread for weeks now, but decided this morning to sell my ticket - has gone to a good home; someone back from overseas getting to spend the weekend with his brother, so happy story for him at least.

I couldn't risk my knees with the talk of mud; but massively hoping all the positive forecasts of miminal rain come through..I'll be back again

good luck to all, have a smasher.

Edited by The Pumpkin King

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been raging on this thread for weeks now, but decided this morning to sell my ticket - has gone to a good home; someone back from overseas getting to spend the weekend with his brother, so happy story for him at least.

I couldn't risk my knees with the talk of mud; but massively hoping all the positive forecasts of miminal come through..I'll be back again

good luck to all, have a smasher.

Sad news, puts all the gnashing of teeth into perspective a bit. Hope next year pans out for you.

I've said it before - this one shows an aggregate/'best guess' based on a bunch of forecasts and feeds, which is probably the way to go.

http://forecast.io/#/f/51.1651,-2.5845

About halfway down the page, click Forecast Lines then the Precipitation tab to see the averaged out rainfall for the next 7 days.

Can't get this to work - either on an Android phone or an IE browser..

TODAY

Partly cloudy throughout the day.

56°71°
+
THU

Light rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening.

52°71°
+
FRI

Light rain until evening.

55°66°
+
SAT

Light rain throughout the day.

53°67°
+
SUN

Partly cloudy throughout the day.

55°71°
+
MON

Light rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening.

53°73°
+

The ground has been dry for ages, it's getting packed down by punters and a few showers are going to have absolutely zero impact now.

Gutted not to be there with those who are, to those who are going may your showers be short and infrequent, your sunshine blazing and may your money, drink and drugs last all weekend. Have a great time folks :)

Just got forwarded the internal advisory the BBC are issuing to reporters - sharing below.

I assume when they say 2007 re: lightning, they mean 2005, BTW. Can't trust the Beeb to get their facts right.

Summarizes what we already know TBH - showers coming, some torrential, we just need to get lucky!

Have a great festival everyone. There's going to be some rain, no point worrying any more! I have come to terms with it.

The advisory:

Rest of Wednesday – remaining dry and fine

THURSDAY Dry morning, ditto on into early afternoon. Rain/showers spread NE later PM; we currently estimate a 1-2hr error margin in forecast time of arrival but broadly teatime-early evening. This initial band of showery rain will be heavy in places but move away fairly quickly, limiting rainfall accumulation to ca. 5-10mm. Into the evening, heavy, possibly thundery showers will creep NE (some with hail), but this will be a hit-miss situation for Worthy Farm.

(Key point re Fri-Sat is the ‘lottery’ nature of the set-up: showers/storms are possible on both days, BUT when being dodged at Worthy Farm, there will be phases of dry, bright and pleasantly warm weather. So, a fighting chance of some reasonable spells of weather albeit the overriding theme is one of frequent showers across the region… it’s a case of where and when)

FRIDAY Anticipate dry start; showers / thunderstorms building during the day, proving slow-moving and torrential in parts of the W Country, especially during the afternoon-early evening. Rainfall rates beneath any of these will prove bothersome, alongside lightning threat (a hazard not taken anywhere near seriously enough by festival organisers based on previous years – crazy scenes in 2007, for example); hail likely. Fading slowly into evening/night.

SATURDAY As per Friday in broad sense.

SUNDAY Showers lessening – improving from west. Hopefully turning into a much drier day generally.

Just got forwarded the internal advisory the BBC are issuing to reporters - sharing below.

I assume when they say 2007 re: lightning, they mean 2005, BTW. Can't trust the Beeb to get their facts right.

Summarizes what we already know TBH - showers coming, some torrential, we just need to get lucky!

Have a great festival everyone. There's going to be some rain, no point worrying any more! I have come to terms with it.

The advisory:

Rest of Wednesday – remaining dry and fine

THURSDAY Dry morning, ditto on into early afternoon. Rain/showers spread NE later PM; we currently estimate a 1-2hr error margin in forecast time of arrival but broadly teatime-early evening. This initial band of showery rain will be heavy in places but move away fairly quickly, limiting rainfall accumulation to ca. 5-10mm. Into the evening, heavy, possibly thundery showers will creep NE (some with hail), but this will be a hit-miss situation for Worthy Farm.

(Key point re Fri-Sat is the ‘lottery’ nature of the set-up: showers/storms are possible on both days, BUT when being dodged at Worthy Farm, there will be phases of dry, bright and pleasantly warm weather. So, a fighting chance of some reasonable spells of weather albeit the overriding theme is one of frequent showers across the region… it’s a case of where and when)

FRIDAY Anticipate dry start; showers / thunderstorms building during the day, proving slow-moving and torrential in parts of the W Country, especially during the afternoon-early evening. Rainfall rates beneath any of these will prove bothersome, alongside lightning threat (a hazard not taken anywhere near seriously enough by festival organisers based on previous years – crazy scenes in 2007, for example); hail likely. Fading slowly into evening/night.

SATURDAY As per Friday in broad sense.

SUNDAY Showers lessening – improving from west. Hopefully turning into a much drier day generally.

So in short, we're looking at good time sunshine today, nice and cloudy tomorrow turning deeply unpleasant overnight, then totally minging thereafter.