Weather

matt_berr

Remember in 2004 it absobubly hoyed it down for hours on the Tuesday night (i remember being Broke down on the M42 for several hours that night) and then the Wednesday although not wet was very cold and windy. Thursday was really warm and almost dried thing out, but then we had more berry heavy rain on the Friday afternoon and the Sunday afternoon (which turned purple at one point but only for me ;)).

From the current forecasts I'm not sure it will get as bad as 04.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, people who went to both, was it as bad as 2011? I didn't go in 2011, but feel like I know more about its statistics from being on here 20 hours a day for the last week.

For me the worst part about 2011 was the stickiness of the mud, especially on Thursday, and then again on the Saturday. Saturday and Sunday weather wise were glorious.

Edited by Alcatraz

04 was fine really, but only patches of sitting down on perfect dry ground. I remember carrying around a little inflatable cushion to sit and stay out of the thin skim of mud at points

It had been wet in the run up too I think, does anyone remember?

04 was fine really, but only patches of sitting down on perfect dry ground. I remember carrying around a little inflatable cushion to sit and stay out of the thin skim of mud at points

It had been wet in the run up too I think, does anyone remember?

I remember sitting on the ground on the Thursday drinking brothers from 2 litre bottles, getting sunburnt because the wind (and perry) convinced me the sun wasn't too hot. So the rain on the Tuesday couldn't have done that much damage, could it? Edited by stuartbert two hats

At this time next week I won't be in my own tent far too much going on. I think I'll be at The Park waiting for John Grant to come on. At least that's my decision today. Don't think it'll change as I bloody love John Grant but from about 18:30 - 22:30 is my most monstrous clashes of the whole weekend and I just can't make up my mind but be assured your tent is not on my list ;)

I hear you! Saturday night is clash hell for me.

Also, this thread, fucking hell. I can't keep up with the emotions! :(

I remember sitting on the ground on the Thursday drinking brothers from 2 litre bottles, getting sunburnt because the wind (and perry) convinced me the sun wasn't too hot. So the rain on the Tuesday couldn't have done that much damage, could it?

It did a fair bit but Thursday was very hot and a bit windy which meant it dried up quite quickly, I don't remember much opportunity for sitting on the ground that year, Thursday excepted.

I remember sitting on the ground on the Thursday drinking brothers from 2 litre bottles, getting sunburnt because the wind (and perry) convinced me the sun wasn't too hot. So the rain on the Tuesday couldn't have done that much damage, could it?

I think that Tuesday rain was the pre loading needed to tip it over in the Friday downpour then dry by Sunday and it rained again lol bollocks

Had a great year tho as I remember

I know it want be as bad as 04, I said as much earlier, but I think some are looking back on it a bit more favourably than they should. As I've said before saying anything better than 07 is not bad is setting the bar a little low.

Edited by fur_q

I know it want be as bad as 04, I said as much earlier, but I think some are looking back on it a bit more favourably than they should. As I've said before saying anything better than 07 is not bad is setting the bar a little low.

2004 was damp, cloudy and slightly muddy on the Wednesday, hot and sunny on Thursday then on and off rain on Friday and Saturday, and pretty muddy, then I think sunny on the Sunday- it wasn't great.

2004 was damp, cloudy and slightly muddy on the Wednesday, hot and sunny on Thursday then on and off rain on Friday and Saturday, and pretty muddy, then I think sunny on the Sunday- it wasn't great.

I don't remember the details from that week, though i think this sums it up. Pretty sure i spent the whole festival in my wellies.

Thing is that there is no way the actual forecast is going to be very good news between now and next weekend, so in all honesty it's probably best not to keep obsessing about it.

On the other hand you could all hop on to the 'other" weather thread and help us get past the 700 pages mark.

Whether you believe it will please the weather gods or no, it couldn't hurt could it?

:thumbsu:

Wish the thread would die already to be honest. Was funny for 5 minutes.

So you don't like the weather thread. Bit rude to tell them to their faces though.