Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that this thread serves a purpose whereas the 'other' thread doesn't really (unless you still find it funny after 700 pages). A thread for the actual weather is needed, people asking in this thread to bump the 'other' thread seems desperate.

Unless you find 700 pages of 'NFR NFC' funny I guess. Meh

Don't forget The Weather Outlook. Here is its forecast for the fest.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/uk/Glastonbury

that is updated 4 times a day.

so far, looks coolish with a few spots or so. nothing drastic.

Quite a lot of rain Thursday to Friday but Saturday and Sunday are dry so I imagine any wetness would be gone by Saturday evening.

I'm not commenting anymore on days that look rubbish

Therefore my positive forecast is

Tuesday lots of sun highs of 23

Wednesday scattered clouds high 22 still sunny

Thursday chance of some drizzle 22 sun sun sun

Saturday scattered clouds sunny though

There we have it

My point is that this thread serves a purpose whereas the 'other' thread doesn't really (unless you still find it funny after 700 pages). A thread for the actual weather is needed, people asking in this thread to bump the 'other' thread seems desperate.

Unless you find 700 pages of 'NFR NFC' funny I guess. Meh

Dude, it's an internet forum. There's very little purpose in any of it.

Next post after yours:

So just to sum up the 115 pages every weather website you look at says something different and also changes on a daily basis so we basically have no idea!

Its still good fun obsessing though!

There's actually very little purpose to this thread except making people panic over a weather forecast that will probably change and where specifics couldn't even be predicted the day before. But people are still enjoying it.

I'm not criticising this thread, I enjoy both. There are hundreds of threads I'm not interested in - guess what, I just scroll past and ignore them. I don't feel the need to go and bitch about people having fun elsewhere just because I don't understand it. What is sad is that half of this thread has just been people getting on their high horse about another thread. I'm fairly sure that's not what people click on the Weather Thread for is it?

MeteoGroup showing 7.1mm for Thursday and a little rain all of the other days. Not good - the Thursday rain will do the damage and it doesn't look like the site is gonna get a chance to dry out. Hopefully we can get an improvement for the Thursday forecast but really want to avoid it moving closer as pitching in the rain is no-one's idea of fun!

After last years obsessive checking of the thread and the emotional rollercoaster of the bad forecasts I swore I wasn't going to do it to myself this year. But here I am again! The countryfile forecast wasn't good last year I remember, yet I didn't see a drop of rain the whole festival - we arrived Friday and the stewards said oh, you will need wellies in there, it's muddy, but by the time we had walked in, it was dry.

And that amazing weather wasn't forecast until the Thursday of the festival really.

Obviously it could go either way, but I hope the same thing happens again. I am going to believe the good forecasts but take my parka and wellies just in case.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S THIS WEEK

Today I like Norway again but do not like the BBC.

The good points are that a few days ago forecasts for Thursday were really bad, now they are not (mostly) bad at all.

From what I have seen and heard there is loads of uncertaintly about how and when the high will move away hence all the very different models.

I think we will not have a firm idea until Tuesday onwards.

Bleak outlook this morning for festival period. Unsettled end to June by the looks of things :(

What's hard to take is seeing how nice it is today and how nice it's been for the past two weeks, and knowing it starts to breakdown from the Wednesday onwards- bah! I think that's why I'm a bit more down and annoyed about the situation than usual.