T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Royal Blood have been announced to support Foo Fighters throughout their July/August US tour. But there is a 7 day gap from the 9th to the 16th of July.

Would have expected Royal Blood to play TITP, but wasn't really expecting Foos. Could be a slim chance? Maybe reading too much in to it?

Interesting that Royal Blood have been announced to support Foo Fighters throughout their July/August US tour. But there is a 7 day gap from the 9th to the 16th of July.

Would have expected Royal Blood to play TITP, but wasn't really expecting Foos. Could be a slim chance? Maybe reading too much in to it?

Came on to post about the gaps in Foo's schedule but you beat me to it. I thought Murrayfield had ruled them out but now i'm not so sure. Do you think they would have a big enough draw considering they are playing Edinburgh a few weeks before?

Edited by tori1607

I hold out for this every year but I saw a feature on NME with an interview with Ed from the Chem Bros stating that he was leaving the live production and that Tom Rowlands was going to be continuing the live show on with the visual/art director as they are hoping to release more new music soon and working towards the new live show.

Could this possibly be an indicator that the Chems are going to be back on the festival circuit this year?

Hopefully so as in my opinion are the greatest live act in the world just now.

(this may come as bad news for some folk but i'd like to see how it pans out)

I'm pretty sure there is a difference between the chemical brothers show being billed as live rather than it being a DJ set, Although most people will be like yeah but its not an actual live show like a band would be but quite a lot of it is controlled live.

*** Regardless the chemical brothers anywhere at TITP would be actually quality,

If I were to pick a line-up that would suit me I'd have three acts like Kasabian etc on the main with Chems, Prodigy & Noel G on the R1, I'd prefer this as the main stage gets too crowded sometimes and if you aren't getting crushed to death down the front its sometimes difficult to enjoy yourself as much further back IMO.

I say it every year but i'd love to see CHIC & Hot Chip back at TITP this year coming. A bit more variation than the same bands recycled every couple of years. :)

Edited by SilverLining

I'd kill for Arcade Fire to play at TITP, I don't think they ever will. TITP is full of young people that just want to see acts like Arctic Monkeys year in year out. Although I'd say they were massive and would put on one of the best shows in years they don't fit the demographic. T hasn't pulled off any daring bookings at all the past few years so can't see them breaking the mould.

On a side note I'd love to have The Strokes back playing at Primavera and played 2011, Would be a nice surprise. Acts like FATM etc are so shite haha.

After seeeein kasabian at the hydro tonight if they aren't headlining titp next year the something very wrong.

Best band o the planet easily.

It's not if they haven't played TITP almost every year. Are people seriously happy with the same bands being churned out every second year.

I could list loads of bands I think are better live than Kasabian but it's all opinions.

Name me a better live band?

They were outstanding tlast night

Iron Maiden are still the best band I've seen live at their own gig. Not to say Kasabian weren't excellent though.

And again, Kasabian AGAIN? No. I can't say I'd have too many complaints if they didn't headline T, depending on who did headline.