The National

Zoo Music Girl

As I remember it, some terminal nerd over on The National's official site carried out a bizarre and pointless 'world cup' style knockout tournament between The National's songs at huge length and detail. As I recall, Slow Show won and Fake Empire came second. May have misremembered that though....

Come on guys. We've been responsible for a 59 page thread here (some more than others) on the National. People who live in glass houses....

I give you till the end of the weekend :)

What I have working in my favour is the fact that I'm a total Luddite and my laptop is a piece of shit.

CHRLY, yeah, me too - would love a special Q&A type thing. I'm unlikely to see it at Glastonbury if I'm honest so something in London would be ace.

Off topic, when is 20,000 Days On Earth out already?!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Is there a stream anywhere on the internet and if so does anyone have a link??

Really want to watch it!

No, I don't think so. But it's inexpensive to buy - something like 13 dollars, so less than a tenner. If you install Media Hint as a Firefox extension, which takes about two minutes, you'll be able to buy it in this country, and download and stream it until your heart's content.

I wouldn't put it in my top five from Alligator. There I said it.

My Alligator top five, for those who care:

1. Abel

2. Mr November

3. All The Wine

4. Baby, We'll Be Fine

5. Friend Of Mine

Come at me, Yesiamaduck!!

Was about to say snap (in no particular order) but then realised you missed Geese, which is their best song

time?

Now, I just caught a song about 10 mins ago, so Iplayer's the best bet to listen to all the tracks. Only just turned it on so I've not heard the scheduled timings.

In session on 6music today, Lauren Laverne.

Cheers for this! I can't really listen at work but will definitely tune in later. Didn't know they were in the country right now, to be honest. Could have got off their bums and done a London date while they're about, the lazy gits ;)

Was about to say snap (in no particular order) but then realised you missed Geese, which is their best song

It's a tough one between Friend Of Mine and Geese of Beverley Road for me, I can't deny it. But I'm comfortable with my decision.

Where are you getting it from? Still saying unavailable for me.

Read my posts above, mate.

You need to install the Media Hint Firefox extension - very easy to do, just google it and follow the instructions, or a similar VPN software, which will mask your IP address's national location, and enable you to buy it as if you were in America.

Took me a couple of minutes to do.