The National

Zoo Music Girl

Fair point re: booking agent. It was the "too big" part of your post that riled me. But you're right, that's more likely come from management than them. Nobbing agents!! - in all walks of life - should be shot.

edit - apart from newsagents - they're ok

Yeah, and I put that in inverted commas, as I think quantifying and comparing something as wonderfully intangible as music is pretty fruitless and vulgar.

I love the idea that bands come crawling on their hands and knees personally to beg Michael Eavis to play at Glastonbury, with an awareness of the festival's social and political history, but in reality (in most cases) I doubt it's like that, sadly.

From the current announced acts and rumours, I don't think there's anyone I'd see above The National. Including my favourite band, Arcade Fire -- that's how good they are live. If the Eavii miss out then they're silly silly billies.

• Upvote 1

..., but i don't think i'll ever be able to understand this bordering-on-posessive love for them some of you have

True. I'd let them take my back doors clean off the hinges.

Women, or The National? :preved:

i hope to one day love a woman the same way people in this thread love The National. i like them, but i don't think i'll ever be able to understand this bordering-on-posessive love for them some of you have

I actually feel troubled my love of The National because sometimes it threatens to overtake my love of Nick Cave and the sense of betrayal and disloyalty would probably destroy me.