The National

Zoo Music Girl

I always sing 'I wont fuck her sober I'm MR November' when someone asks me to hit on someone I'm into :D

I used to think those were the lyrics as well. I learnt I was wrong when I started shouting the chorus at some club night and my friend looked embarrassed to be with me.

Surely you would say it about someone you're NOT into? As in, 'I would only fuck her if I was wasted.'

I always sing 'I wont fuck her sober I'm MR November' when someone asks me to hit on someone I'm into :D

I used to think those were the lyrics as well. I learnt I was wrong when I started shouting the chorus at some club night and my friend looked embarrassed to be with me.

Is that you, Max?

Agree with the ‘no thrills’ part, but I think quite a few of their songs are really enhanced live, and sound noticeably different to the studio versions. Can’t remember too many particulars off the top of my head, but I recall Humiliation really coming into its own when I saw them.

Terrible Love

As I remember it, some terminal nerd over on The National's official site carried out a bizarre and pointless 'world cup' style knockout tournament between The National's songs at huge length and detail. As I recall, Slow Show won and Fake Empire came second. May have misremembered that though....