eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
Zoo Music Girl

The National

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ah, blue is indies only apparently, white is standard. So no idea how @Hugh Jass has wound up with a bluey then. 

Just lucky I guess.

14 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just looks like some are blue and some are white on inspection, no difference other than colour. Just leave it black though tbh, stop showing off with your coloured vinyl, I'm not 12.

I like coloured vinyl, reminds me of my childhood :)

18 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just looks like some are blue and some are white on inspection, no difference other than colour. Just leave it black though tbh, stop showing off with your coloured vinyl, I'm not 12.

you sound jealous 

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A childhood of not being adequately able to see how much dust is on your records, truly  black

Corrected :)

yeh tbf the only non-black vinyl I own is a see through of Frank Ocean's Unreleased, Misc. it's feckin gorgeous 

A lot of my recent purchases have turned out to be coloured because I tend to buy from indie stores now. Agreed etchings are better- my copies of Neon Bible and Down in Albion have some cracking etchings. 

Nothing beats sleeve artwork though. One of my favourite vinyls is Lanegan's Blues Funeral because the cover is ace and the record is a beautiful shade of green (also sounds good) 

Really enjoyed my first full listen to the album, massive highlight for me was when Guilty Party came on which took me back to the pyramid set.  Was a bit disappointed with the glastonbury set which had too much new stuff for my liking (+ crap crowd done the front), but you do get a bit of pay back now.

Wow - you guys are truly listening connoisseurs. I'm afraid I am only invested in streaming these days, otherwise things become far too expensive far too quickly. 

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It sounds even better on wax than it did through headphones.

What about on wax through headphones? WOOAAAAHHHHH

I'll probably listen tomorrow, stuck on the couch watching telly, unlikely to move.

They are my favorite band and I like the new album well enough, but I find myself harboring an intense hatred for Turtleneck. Not only because it's so damn basic for a band with so many amazing songs, but also because they decided to close their effing Pyramid set with it.

Walk it back is growing on me though, after not liking it at Glastonbury.

Edited by Anarion

Now, after several listens and too much wine, I think there's no doubt that Empire Line is my favorite song on this album, followed by The System Only Dreams and Walk it back. The last minutes of Empire Line is bloody gorgeous. Also love Matt singing
"Until everything is less insane
I’m mixing weed with wine" 
on Walk it back :)

Right then, got some motherfuckin coffee and some motherfuckin crackers with motherfuckin vegan cream cheese and motherfuckin Sleep Well Beat on the turntable for the first time. Off we go.

• Like 1

Managed to get 2 tickets for Manchester thanks to wonderful member of e fests who couldn't go and was of the noble kind who didn't cash in . Cheers to u 

• Upvote 1

So is the full Sleep Well Beast + a couple of oldies setlist what we can expect for the full tour? It'd suit me fine; I'll take Slow Show, About Today, Mistaken For Strangers, and Graceless for Friday Manchester's oldies please.