The National

Zoo Music Girl

On 2/25/2024 at 12:22 PM, fightoffyour said:

First Two Pages Of Laugh Track (preserving the track number and choosing one or t'other):

1. Once Upon A Poolside (feat. Sufjan Stevens)
  2. Deep End (Paul’s in Pieces)
  3. New Order T-Shirt
  4. Turn Off the House
  5. Tropic Morning News
  6. Laugh Track
  7. Space Invader
  8. Grease In Your Hair
  9. Coat on a Hook
  10. Tour Manager
  11. Send For Me
  12. Smoke Detector

Interesting, I’ll have to do one of these. Post the AP gig earlier in the year I did one of these across all albums (which I’m sure would be different anytime I did it) but here it is, track number has to be the same place it is on the album

1 Secret meeting 
2 Mistaken for strangers 
3 Don’t swallow the cap
4 the system only dreams in total darkness
5 Daughters of the soho riots 
6 Bloodbuzz Ohio
7 Apartment Story
8 I’ll still Destroy you
9 Conversation 16
10 England 
11 Geese of Beverly Road
12 Pink Rabbits 
13 Mr November 
14 Rylan

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, Little Andy said:

Any recommendations for what National album(s) to start with, based on quality and what songs they're likely to play at Glastonbury, if they play?

In response to all who replied to my above message, I've been listening to Boxer. I like it (not super love it, but like it). My favourite songs are Slow Show and Ada.

I'll listen to High Violet soon. 🙂

18 hours ago, Little Andy said:

In response to all who replied to my above message, I've been listening to Boxer. I like it (not super love it, but like it). My favourite songs are Slow Show and Ada.

I'll listen to High Violet soon. 🙂

You're not supposed to love it at first 😄 but the more you put it, the more you get out!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You're not supposed to love it at first 😄 but the more you put it, the more you get out!

I've listened to it loads 🙂 Don't get my wrong tho, I do like it 🙂 In fact I dont feel ready to yty High Violet quite yet, I still yearn more Boxer 🙂

• Like 1

Lord knows I've tried SO hard to listen to The National after all the hype in here... but the temptation to skip after 5 seconds is just too overwhelming! I do hope you all have a lovely little doze watching them 😴 I'll be at literally anything else 

Just thought I'd balance the table a little bit with a 'not in favour of' opinion as I think I must be the only one 🤣🤣 what am I missing...

2 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

Is The National a definite thing for Glasto or just speculation?

There’s been info that they’re gonna be there along with them having very convenient dates in the surrounding area a the time. Would be very surprised if they’re not there. 

Just now, FloopFiller said:

There’s been info that they’re gonna be there along with them having very convenient dates in the surrounding area a the time. Would be very surprised if they’re not there. 

I really hope so.  My favourite band for last 15 years and obsessed with them.  Sunday headline slot would be the perfect end to the festival for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

Sunday headline slot would be the perfect end to the festival for me.

Up until the rollercoaster of emotions that was the headliner thread today I had this exact thought.  If they were up against Olivia though?  That would be a tough call for me.  The National were my second most played artist last year according to spotify but I'm hopelessly addicted to Ms Rodrigo's albums in recent months.

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Lord knows I've tried SO hard to listen to The National after all the hype in here... but the temptation to skip after 5 seconds is just too overwhelming! I do hope you all have a lovely little doze watching them 😴 I'll be at literally anything else 

Just thought I'd balance the table a little bit with a 'not in favour of' opinion as I think I must be the only one 🤣🤣 what am I missing...

watch this. Don't skip after 5 seconds. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

A National concert is anything but a doze so if you are thinking this way already i'd suggest it's not for you.

After last time they played there were a few sceptics who said they didn’t have the chops for an outdoor crowd or festival show but their run of amphitheatres last summer showed that was bollocks. Something like this (from one of those shows) would do very nicely:

IMG_3329.thumb.jpeg.db10c8d05953529f085882c77c499d6d.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Drinky said:

After last time they played there were a few sceptics who said they didn’t have the chops for an outdoor crowd or festival show but their run of amphitheatres last summer showed that was bollocks. Something like this (from one of those shows) would do very nicely:

This was All Points East a couple of years back.  Just amazing.

Screenshot_20240229_210136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6390feeadeda66c83158df508a8ce10.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drinky said:

Smoke Detector is a must have for all live shows going forward.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:47 AM, ghostdancer1 said:

Smoke Detector is a must have for all live shows going forward.

That and Space Invader at the Ally Pally date were highlights for me.

... along with England (which I didn't get in my set when I saw them in Milan in 2018) and Mistaken For Strangers tbf.