Guest bsolxiv

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing which would reduce the queuing time at toilets for both genders would be the application of common sense, by which I really mean 'Ladies - stop faffing and have a wee for fuck's sake!' For example:

• Yes, the queue is big, but do you realise there's another bank of portaloos just there with literally no queue?
  • Yes, that portaloo does have a tiny bit of wee on the seat / that longdrop doesn't have a lock. But I don't mind giving the seat a wipe / holding onto the door and using it, so please move out of my way instead of having a tantrum
  • Yes, compost loos are a bit weird the first time you use them. But it's still Just A Toilet, something which tens of millions of people worldwide Do Not Have. Just get on with it.
Etc...

Maybe they should add some "squatting loos" for the girls who don't want to sit down... I propose just a hole in the ground with enough foot room to stand either side of it, maybe a handle on the back of the door for balance.

That way they won't keep putting their muddy feet all over the toilet seats!

Maybe they should add some "squatting loos" for the girls who don't want to sit down... I propose just a hole in the ground with enough foot room to stand either side of it, maybe a handle on the back of the door for balance.

Edited by Mollyanne&Mike

Other girls squatting above the loos and then spraying it everywhere whilst simultaneously putting their muddy boots on the seat is horrible and I wish they'd stop it. I used to think using a loo after a girl would guarantee it to be clean but that often doesn't work.

Its worst on the long drops which don't have proper seats, instead they just have a small wooden bit on either side of the toilet hole. At least if someone has wee'd on the seats then you can clean them quickly.

I bet if G installed continental style squat toilets then the long drop squatters would turn their noses up at them.

The toilet provision at Glasto is pretty good and most of the problems seem to stem from people incapable of using them like a considerate adult.

Edited by coma girl

Men need to sit down sometimes too. The answer for all at festivals and other big events is regular toilet cleaning teams.

Maybe if you want to get seriously into product design, you'd be better off trying to design a 'stay clean/easy clean' toilet rather than a personal appliance.

Edited by grumpyhack

I've used those stone circle ones, not a massive fan of them but better than nothing.

Only time I used them I was bursting and had to queue for ages then water aid wanted me to sign a petition or something (I was so desperate I'd have signed away a kidney and my future first born at that point) the feeling of relief and delight when I finally got into the cubicle was majorly deflated when I realised they were squat loos!

One thing my wife and sister (that's 2 different women!) often say is that it would be good if there was a handle, or just something to hold on to on the inside of the door, while they're hovering over the seat.

Edited by tonyblair