Manics

yehbutnobut

Screw the Holy Bible in full, we need this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrJXeECfGk

Extaordinary. Even when he's playing bass James Dean Bradlfeild (from Pontypool) has to be the best guitarissta in the world. Bernard Edwardsesque that one.

Edited by bamber

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The possibility of seeing The Holy Bible in full at glasto is literally the most perfect gig i could ever imagine. However im thinking that it is increasingly less likely to happen now with the July release date of the new album.

The new tracks that I have heard thus far are excellent however so I'll be looking forward to hearing a bit more regardless.

Seen them so many times over the years but the last 2 times (Manchester ritz and Leeds Arena) they have been outstanding.

Playing a few more Holy Bible tracks than they usually do. I would love it if they started to add some Journal for Plague Lovers tracks into their sets as the only time ive seen them play them was when they played the whole album at the Roundhouse.

They can do no wrong in my opinion so im going to love it regardless of the set at glaso.

Ive only had a chance to listen to the new single a handfull of times but so far I love it. I thought it was going to be a slice of Holy Bible darkness with the opening bass line but was pleasantly surprised by how upliftingly anthemic it turned out to be.

I keep thinking it'd fit on Generation Terrorists ('cos you know that could do with a few more tracks....)

Sorry then. I can't stand lifeblood but think journal's best thing they've done post Richey.

Interesting. I'd take both over most of their post-Lifeblood output. That said, I liked half of Rewind the Film and bits of Postcards.

Im one of the few who loves lifeblood, I live to fall asleep would be excellent in a mid afternoon set. As long as they stay away from Know Your Enemy everything will be fine. Definaltey their worst effort as far as im concerned.

I never understood the cirticism that lifeblood gets, I find it one of their easiest albums to listen to (might have stumbled upon the reason right there actually).

Know your enemy is the only album I really struggle with.

reckon they might actually have two slots at glastonbury? Maybe one higher up on the bill to play a standard set, with Futurology involved etc. and then another on a smaller stage to play The Holy Bible in full?

Maybe I'm being too optimistic

reckon they might actually have two slots at glastonbury? Maybe one higher up on the bill to play a standard set, with Futurology involved etc. and then another on a smaller stage to play The Holy Bible in full?

Maybe I'm being too optimistic

I think you have to look at it from Glastonbury's point of view - I doubt they want anyone saying "we want to play twice"... mind you, some occasionally do.

That said, I remember when they played So Why So Sad and Found that Soul back to back on Top of the Pops :)

subbing Massive Attack (seemingly) is a pretty good slot for them i think. i mean, i'll no doubt have to miss them as that night is an absolute nightmare of clashes for me, but ah well. no Holy Bible heavy set though (although maybe moreso than if they were on the Pyramid)

I think we're probably in for a setlist similar to their recent tour, but possibly with less Holy Bible tracks as they're not particularly 'festival friendly' are they? And we know how much the manics love their mass communication stuff.

Still, festival Manics is better than no Manics. Nice to see them in a relatively high profile slot.

I think we're probably in for a setlist similar to their recent tour, but possibly with less Holy Bible tracks as they're not particularly 'festival friendly' are they? And we know how much the manics love their mass communication stuff.

Still, festival Manics is better than no Manics. Nice to see them in a relatively high profile slot.

As long as I hear Motorcycle Emptiness, If You Tolerate This and Everything Must Go...my weekend will be complete :) I cannot bloody wait for these! Hopefully they don't clash with another band I want to see, but Manics will be my priority!