Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Futurology is due out in may so they'll be playing that. I'll post you the setlist from Leeds so when you realise how good it is you can see them in that London. Cos all the good songs from what I post will be culled for glasto.

And honestly, there's some forgotten gems on kye. You only refuse to believe cos it was that that made you realise you'd life to yourself over this is my truth.

I actually think I like KNE less than TIMTTMY to be honest.

Glasto is their second chance with me. If they impress me there then I may go to the next tour. May. That's also if I see them at Glasto, given ticket and clash situation.

• 1 month later...

that's definitely a good sign as they usually only play like one song from The Holy Bible don't they?

even if it's not a FULL Holy Bible set, more than one song from it would be nice

I think one or two songs is the most we can realistically expect but Faster and Archives Of Pain would be awesome. That evil bassline...

Personally I'd love Yes. Don't think I've ever seen that live. I want to be able to scream along to 'Tie his hair in bunches, fuck him, call him Rita if you want...'

Faster and Yes would be perfect. Revol can do one. Add in Motorcycle Emptiness, You Love Us and Motown Junk and I'd be happy. Probably asking for too much though!

Personally I'd love Yes. Don't think I've ever seen that live. I want to be able to scream along to 'Tie his hair in bunches, fuck him, call him Rita if you want...'

Faster and Yes would be perfect. Revol can do one. Add in Motorcycle Emptiness, You Love Us and Motown Junk and I'd be happy. Probably asking for too much though!

I doubt you are, they play the last three virtually every time they play and more often than not play Faster as well. If they are doing any little nod to THB then I imagine Yes would have a pretty decent chance as well. They played it when they headlined in 99 I think

Don't fucking say things like that! You'll only end up upsetting me. I'm keeping my feet on the ground and thinking they're rehearsing the whole album but they're gonna play 3 tracks at each gig, but rotate the tracks.

Cos I'm sad and I've nowt else to do at the minute, I've had a trawl through stuff and in Feb they were rehearsing PCP. How fucking good would that be?????????

I'd love PCP.

Anyway, I didn't mean that they would do Holy Bible sets at the already announced gigs. I think if they were doing one they would advertise it as such, in much the same way Suede are for their Dog Man Star gig in a couple of weeks (incidentally, also with Eagulls supporting who I have yet to check out).

They're from Leeds so may be a bit Northern for you!

Didn't Suede do their album gigs last year?

I knew what you meant but that would get my hopes up too

Nah, Suede were still touring Bloodsports last year. 2011 were the album gigs I believe - I went to the Dog Man Star one. This one in a couple of weeks is a one-off anniversary one for Teenage Cancer Trust.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically it's a crowd thing. Shit loads bouncing to motorcycle but only me and two others round me to archives of pain. And there was only two people between me and the barrier. You stole the sun got a better reaction but fuck me what a bass line.

And even revol was fucking mental.

section add

we was in the middle of standing and there was quite a few singing along with Faster and Revol, it should have suprised me but the average age of people there must have been older than me lol

Not a bad setlist - Archives Of Pain :)

Playing Revol instead of anything else off Holy Bible is a waste though.

Really do hope I get to see them for all my badmouthing. I see them headlining JP though, for some reason, which makes then potentially clashtastic.

Glad you had a good one Scruffy. Sorry for your sake it wasn't a Holy Bible set. Honest guv.

How about love's sweet exile and archives?

I was bang in the middle two or three from carrier by the time motorcycle emptiness started. All around me everyone was bouncing except some muscly bastard right next to me who was protecting two women from the ruffians by putting his elbows out and shoving people back in. There were about six or seven others around him as well all motionless all gig and then the other side of them, bang in front of Nicky they were all bouncing too. If you don't wanna get involved with that what you doing stood there? I reckon they'd never been to a gig before.

stoneelbow'soutsettingeofn

I couldn't hear other people singing for mine, and I'm terrible at it, loves sweet exile was great to hear as was archives, not heard them play them in such a long time and the new songs fit in very well, hope the albums out in time for G. He did a decent impression of Richard Hawley too