Top Posters In This Topic

1) Filter

2) SOAD

3) ASIWYFA

4) NIN

5) Biffy

6) Editors

7) Deftones

Noone else I saw was worth mentioning as an impressive show. Missed Skindred and Dry the River after sleeping in following my 1am-9am shift ending up being 12am - 10.30am, and I'm sure based on past performances they'd have made it in.

1. Biffy

2. Skindred

3. System

4. Deaf Havana

5. Don Broco

6. Lonely the Brave

7. Pure Love (Frank crowd surfing in a dinghy out one side of the tent, all the way around and back in the other side is one of the best things I've seen in my 13 years of going)

8. Fall Out Boy (surprised me with how good they were, massive crowd too)

9. Frank Turner

10. Mallory Knox

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

Biffy Clyro - Stole the show. Heard a few people saying they were as good as foo's last year if not better. Stadium tour announcement soon??? With the momentum they have at the moment I think they could pull it off.

10/10

Green Day - They know how to put on a good show and the inclusion of Wake Me Up When September Ends was a nice surprize. Can't believe people were leaving during Dookie though and its their last show for a long time apparently which is a shame.

9/10

System of a Down - Really enjoyed their set and the crowd during B.Y.O.B was one of the highlights of the festival for me.

9/10

Heavens Basement - Were Absolutely brilliant on the rock stage, a future Reading headliner perhaps???

9/10

Fall Out Boy - Wasn't sure what to expect from them but they were really impressive and the crowd was really into it.

8/10

Virginmarys - Another really impressive performance on the rock stage, am now very tempted to go see them on tour.

9/10

Frank Turner - Thought his mum coming on stage at the start was very amusing.

7/10

Mallory Knox - A very good performance, but I really needed a poo so couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked.

7/10

Bring Me the Horizon - Only liked the stuff off the new album but enjoyed the majority of their set.

7/10

New Found Glory - Decent performance but had to cut sticks and stones short which was a shame.

6/10

Twin Atlantic - Another decent performance.

6/10

Lumineers - Was an ok set not sure they should have been that high on the main stage.

5/10

Nine Inch Nails - Watched them to get a good spot for Biffy, but I couldn't get into it, just didn't get them.

3/10

Eminem - Didn't enjoy it

2/10

Deftones - Were ok but the crowd weren't really into it, maybe saving their legs for System and Green Day.

4/10

Wish I'd watched Skindred as they sounded very good from my tent.

Reading:

1. Green Day. Best gig I've ever been to. Perfect.

2. Biffy Clyro. Majestic. People doubted their headliner status? Really?

3. System of a Down. Not going to forget leaping about yelling PULL THE TAPEWORM OUT OF YOUR ASS in a hurry.

4. Chase and Status. Pure fun.

5. Heaven's Basement. So tight, fantastic old school rock. Destined for Main.

6. Drenge. Heroes already.

7. And So I Watch You From Afar. Remarkable guitar skills.

8. Villagers. Lovely. Intense frontman!

9. Nine Inch Nails. Dragged it back with the ludicrously heavy section at the end. March of the Pigs - immense. Had no idea about Trent's issues, started wondering what was up when we got all the electronica back to back at the start. Nearly Soni all over again.

10. Fall Out Boy. So many girls in the pits! Great run of songs towards the end.

Also saw*: Deftones, Lower Than Atlantis, Anti Vigilante, end of EarlWolf, Palma Violets, White Lies, Foals, Eminem, half of Wavves, Hacktivist, Arcane Roots, Editors. All varying degrees of very good (Eminem was silly but reasonably entertaining and one to tick off) except White Lies who were dire. This is as a fan who thought they were great in 2011.

Shout out to whatever they've done over the last few years to the Main Stage sound, it's improved so much since I started going in 2010.

*missed everything before 6pm on Friday due to volunteering shift until 5...would've liked to see Frank, FIDLAR, Cerebral Ballzy and Parquet Courts. I was a campsite assistant in Orange called Stuart if I met any of you, most people were great :).

Edited by theevilfridge

Only did Saturday at Leeds so seems fair to pick out 5 maybe.

1. Green Day - Best festival performance I've ever seen.

2. System Of A Down - Been waiting a long time to see them and did not disappoint.

3. Frank Turner - 10th time seeing him and on any other day he would have been my highlight.

4. Dry The River - Brilliant opening act for the day, took to the bigger stage perfectly.

5. Surfer Blood - Disappointingly small crowd because of their slot but a great band who keep getting better.

Didn't see 10 bands as only their for the day.

Dinosaur Pile Up - High energy start to the day, surprised they haven't gained significant popularity in the last few years

We are the in crowd - Fine, inoffensive pop music, although let down by the fact the female singers voice was very wishy washy and a lot weaker than the male.

Virgin Marys - Forgetable, if they played in my living room today, I doubt I would remember I had seen them before!

Editors - From a musical perspective they were fine, but atmosphere killed by lack of crowd interest.

Fall out boy - Surprised how many songs I knew, not a huge fan but fun in parts.

Nine inch nails - Great performance, Head like a hole highlight of the day.

Biffy Clyro - Nailed it, will never be loved by the critics but perfect singalong festival set.

errr.... i wont manage 10 as i was working a lot of the time at leeds.

but here goes, surprised no ones mentioned.

1 Major Lazer - ok, so its a glorified dj set, but its on hell of a party that they throw. the crowd interaction was amazing, got everyone into it. some nice touches and without a doubt my highlight of the weekend and judging by that tent everyone enjoyed themselves. 10/10

2 Skrillex - sounded great, but again as its another dj set i didnt want to hang around just to watch someone playing records as good as it sounds. major lazer had already given me my fix. 6/10

3 eminem - as said above, supported vocals, a band there for nothing but show;.. the crowd seemed to enjoy him, i left after 3 songs in the middle of his set. glad i seen him doing stan, but at the same time.. how much did he get paid for acting?

4 green day - didnt do it for me either. too much everyone say aaaayy ooo nonsense. ditch the pish.

5 ms dynamite - i have to say i totally enjoyed the first few songs, dynamitee-eee. but she bacame to radio oneish after that.. a little meh.

6 i dont know who the band was that was on at the same time as major lazer in the lock up, had a double bass.. they where pretty cool,,. but i left as major lazer where nailing it next door.

one thing i realised i hate about leeds is the amount of sound clashes between the marquees and the fair ground. there is no need. its all far too close together, the sound on the main stage isnt the greatest either.

still, im glad there was a fair bit of 'dance' music, without it i probably woudlnt have bothered going.

In no order from Reading:

- System Of A Down.

- Biffy Clyro

- Bring Me The Horizon

- Fall Out Boy

- Green Day

- New Found Glory - hearing Sticks & Stones was special, although I think it would of gone down better if they did a lock-up set with this.

- Funeral For A Friend

- Crossfaith - Amazing energy live.

- Skindred

- Frank Turner

1. Biffy Clyro - Fucking smashed it, watching from the barrier.

2. Green Day - I get the impression he hates playing good riddance though.

3. Skindred - Insane.

4. Frank Turner - seeing him wheeled out, what a hero.

5. Alt J - Very very solid.

6. System Of A Down - Come on.

7. NIN - Better setlist and would be much higher.

8. Swim Deep - Never listened to them but just thought they were awesome.

9. Editors - Incredible, shame about the crowd.

10. Foals - Bit ruined by arseholes talking and stuff though.

Edited by ToffeePopcorn

1. Biffy Clyro

2. Skindred

3. Modestep

4. Nine Inch Nails (disappointed at the obvious omissions but I still had a great time)

5. BMTH

6. British Sea Power

7. New Found Glory

8. Green Day

9. Tomahawk (massive surprise for me - just went to see them inbetween C&S and Eminem and was really impressed)

10. Gnarwolves

I would have enjoyed Chase & Status but I was in a shit part of the crowd. Loads of dickheads just picking fights with anyone trying to make their way past either to the front or away from the front.

I was really excited for Eminem and Off With Their Heads too, but both of them really disappointed me.

1. Crystal fighters, perfect gig, crowd amazing, they were insane, best i've seen.

2. Tame

3. Alt-J

4. Peace

5. Knife Party

6. Bastille (as much as it pains me to say it)

7. Johnny marr

8. Mount Kimbie

9. China rats - small band, great. Crowd of about 100 but would recommend y'all check them out.

10. Jim jones revue.

Leeds:

1. Eminem - Couldn't care less if the main band were 'faking it', I wasn't there to see them.

2. Deftones - Fantastic crowd, met a bunch of great people, I will never tire of hearing Chino's live vocals

3. Skindred - First time seeing them after many years of waiting to, didn't disappoint.

4. Imagine Dragons - Just as good as I thought they would be, didn't seem to be on for long but they were a lot of fun

5. Lucy Rose - Despite the noise of other bands being somewhat disruptive over her acoustic songs, she was brilliant. Great crowd too.

6. Frank Turner - Second time seeing Frank, shame he couldn't play, though still had a blast dancing in the torrential rain, made my day.

7. Sonic Boom Six - Played a great set, not seen them for a few years so that was a highlight

8. System of a Down - The crowd was a bit shit but as a band they sounded phenomenal live

9. Knife Party - Despite ending up outside the tent for most the set due to over-crowding, the atmosphere outside was just as good as inside

10. Green Day - Not a huge fan of them these days, but they put on a really good show, the fact they played dookie in it's entirety was a highlight.

1. Biffy Clyro - Best set I've ever seen

2. System Of A Down - Loved the setlist and crowd were great

3. Eminem - Didn't expect much but thought he was great

4. Editors - Really really tight

5. Peace - Missed Clean Bandit to see them and thought I'd regret it (I didn't)

6. White Lies - They seem to get better every time I see them

7. Green Day - Didn't plan on seeing them but was really impressed

8. Kodaline - Their big anthems were always going to work at Reading, great fun

9. Foals - A bit disappointed but they were still pretty good

10. Nine Inch Nails - Disappointed with them but I can now say I've seen NIN

Saw a loaf of great sets, with Biffy and SOAD coming out on top. After that in no particular order:

Editors (small crowd but everyone seemed to be loving it)

Green Day, would've enjoyed it a lot more if I hadnt been soaked through.

Drenge

Sick of it all

Imagine Dragons, surprise of the weekend for me

Eminem

NIN I enjoyed but knowing it could have been so much better, lights or no lights, kinda ruined it a bit.

Foals were great but left half way through as my girlfriend really wanted to see ID.