Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Fair enough, I only threw in the Bowie song bit cos I know they've done Life On Mars? together in the past. And maybe more. I'm not so sure it would be w*nky though. Bands do covers all the time.

:P It would though. We all love Bowie and he'd be welcome to appear (though it'd no doubt upstage all they do completely) but them at their big event having Bowie on and doing his songs would be incredibly shit, and Bowie himself would probably be embarrassed.

If we changed it to Bono and he came on and they sung One together, it'd probably ruin the weekend for everyone there!

it's gonna be a real shame to see any Funeral songs removed from the regular set lists. they played 6 / 7 on The Suburbs tour, so unless they seriously cut down the amount of Suburbs songs they play (like they did with Neon Bible which only gets 3 songs played from it now) something's gonna have to go. best case scenario for me is Haiti gets the boot, but they seem to love that song, so Laika looks more likely (along with Crown Of Love)

Power Out, Tunnels, Wake Up and Rebellion will never be dropped (especially for Glasto..), you're right, so anything else could well get the axe. As is life.

edit:

Would swap Laika for 7 Kettles any day.

and In The Backseat.

Edited by Tuna

I would love to hear in the backseat on the pyramid. That outro would just be magical

Not as magical as wake up though. Really hope they end with it because at the end of a glorious set with the lights of the pyramid it could be up there with the best live music moments possible for me. Always imagined it at the pyramid stage

and In The Backseat.

said it many a time in this thread but this would make me happier than anything. unfortunately those three songs they no longer play from Funeral (Une annee sans lumiere, 7 Kettles and In The Backseat) will probably remain unplayed from now on!

on another note, i don't know why, but after seeing the trailer for Spike Jonze's new film 'Her' which features Supersymmetry, that song has really stuck with me. didn't rate it at all when the album was first released but that trailer has really made me appreciate it weirdly

Edited by FloorFiller

That version is a wee touch better. Think the album version gets a touch self involved. It's the only weak point ( in the loosest sense of the word "weak" ) on the album.

I was thinking that the songs replacing the Funeral songs will all be crackers anyways, so I'm not fussed. No Cars Go will be absolutely epic.

I was thinking that the songs replacing the Funeral songs will all be crackers anyways, so I'm not fussed. No Cars Go will be absolutely epic.

yeah Arcade Fire don't really have 'bad' songs so whatever they play will be fantastic, but (for me, anyway) the Funeral songs will always be a cut above the rest and i don't think they'll ever reach those heights again (although No Cars Go is probably just as good - nothing on The Suburbs or Reflektor was though, imo)

Edited by FloorFiller

I can't see Laika being dropped, as has been stated you can see how much energy the band put into performing it. They seem to really love it, the mock-fighting and all that (didn't Will

Butler chuck a ladder when they played it at Glastonbury before?"

Yeh they did! I'm gunna really miss them fighting and hitting random things in that song if it's dropped, easily my two favourite band members, this cracks me up every time:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwyndTARFps

I remember I saw them five times on the Neon Bible tour. Think they only played Tunnels twice! But it has seemed to become a fixture now.

looking at their Neon Bible setlists now and Tunnels seems to be on literally every one of them so the shows they didn't play them on must've been the exception. definitely a permanent live staple. was their first single and the one that launched them into cult stardom (and definitely one of my favourites)

I remember reading about win saying that tunnels was the song that made him realise that it was the type of music he wanted to make, so im guessing hes pretty proud of it. Really hope it doesnt get dropped from the setlists, its an incredible live song.

Edited by Dan R

looking at their Neon Bible setlists now and Tunnels seems to be on literally every one of them so the shows they didn't play them on must've been the exception. definitely a permanent live staple. was their first single and the one that launched them into cult stardom (and definitely one of my favourites)

Yeah looking at the setlists again they played it three out of five and two of those times they didnt play it was on the Neon Bible warm up tour in the tiny venues. Best song of theirs IMO, though I would say Wake Up and Rebellion were the ones that made them stars.

Out of the potential songs they could drop from funeral. I'd vote for Haiti

I know it's hugely popular and won't happen but songs like Lailka, tunnels, powered out work so much better live IMHO

If they can keep them all in then fair enough

Out of the potential songs they could drop from funeral. I'd vote for Haiti

I know it's hugely popular and won't happen but songs like Lailka, tunnels, powered out work so much better live IMHO

If they can keep them all in then fair enough

Haiti, though, has the advantage of being quite Reflektor-y in style. I think that's part of the reason it's been played on these Reflektors dates - it's got that sort of dancey, synthy style to it. Same with Sprawl II.

Only really got into Arcade Fire since their Tweet and am really impressed. Downloaded the whole of Reflektor and four songs of Funeral which does have a style of music I prefer. All the neighbourhoods are terrific tunes and Wake Ups catchy sing along line is fun.

Reflektor is definitely the more professional album. Title track is a powerful piece with a groovy beat. There are many other solid songs in the album.

Don't currently know enough of their material to join a proper debate about setlist ideas but would like the for tracks I have from Funeral to be included.

Edited by willutalk