Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I went to yorkshire once, an aircraft flew over and everyone's head went up, up, up and the entire population of the town fell gently onto their backs.

A very strange, bleak and terrifying place.

:sarcastic:

I actually once went out with a Yorkshireman. Had to go to Leeds and Hull on numerous occasions. Terrifying indeed.

I'm not even on about the whole north versus south debate. Everyone knows it's better up here anyway - I've even seen russy admit it.

It's just London. I can't think of anything that would make me want to live there. By the end of a long weekend down their I feel my stress levels rising. I have zero patience with the general public and there's a lot of it about in too small an area in London.

Cue lots of scruffy would rather live with sheep than people jokes.

sides

but thats only because your long weekends are spent in the packed tourist areas no doubt! I live in the leafy suburbs. Not every street is like oxford street!

I have lived up in the north for years and loved it. But I just dont think I could leave london now. There's just too much to do here and I'd miss it all terribly. The best thing is that every single band that tours will play london. Guaranteed. I really missed that when I was up north, molesting sheep every night for want of something better to do....

London is amazing. I love everything about it and have done since I was a kid. I even love how rude and unfriendly everyone is - it suits me down to the ground.

And yeah, every band plays here, which means I can never leave. I mean, Nick Cave three times in one week with the option of going again if I wanted? That's my idea of a place to live.

No I have a few mates down there. I'm more on about the daily commutes to work that most seem to have. The nobbers you have to put up with to get anywhere.

The leafy suburbs are fine but not many work there. One of my mates has an hour and half each way journey to work. I know that's probably extreme but No amount of concerts are worth that every day for me. I'd rather have the hour to Manchester or half hour lo Leeds or Sheffield on gig nights. seen

Didn't you have to stay overnight though? Massive faff.

No I have a few mates down there. I'm more on about the daily commutes to work that most seem to have. The nobbers you have to put up with to get anywhere.

The leafy suburbs are fine but not many work there. One of my mates has an hour and half each way journey to work. I know that's probably extreme but No amount of concerts are worth that every day for me. I'd rather have the hour to Manchester or half hour lo Leeds or Sheffield on gig nights. seen

yowzers that does sound horrific. I couldnt live like that. But I dont think it's that extreme, and considering how grotesque house and rent prices are in london now it will get more and more common sadly. All the interesting people will be replaced with poshos (like tonyblair off here)

I live in zone 6 and my train commute is an hour and 10 mins on a good day. At least I get a lot of reading done..

This is the thing. Commutes actually aren't that bad if you have something constructive to do with your time. I'm 55 minutes door to door with 35minutes on the underground. That's 40 minutes walking and an hour reading time every day. Much rather that than the same time driving a car. What I don't understand is people who spend their commute turning their brains to mush by reading the metro .. an absolute bog roll of a newspaper

12th November - arcade fire

14th November - the national

ooft

Snap! Well, almost, I'm the 11th for AF :) And it's my birthday that weekend!

On the commute topic, it takes me about 40-50 minutes door to door but I really don't mind it. I read, listen to music or dick around on here. The thought of having to drive terrifies me though.

Having said that I used to walk to work in London. Happy times.

Edit: I'm the 13th for The National too. So not snap at all, sorry.

Edited by RebeccaD

Snap! Well, almost, I'm the 11th for AF :) And it's my birthday that weekend!

On the commute topic, it takes me about 40-50 minutes door to door but I really don't mind it. I read, listen to music or dick around on here. The thought of having to drive terrifies me though.

Having said that I used to walk to work in London. Happy times.

Edit: I'm the 13th for The National too. So not snap at all, sorry.

11th - Volcano Choir

12th - Arcade Fire

13th - The National

And I live in Southampton and I'm working every day that week, hahaa....

me and my friend can't decide whether to get a cheap hotel for the night or to find a late night bar / club and get wrecked all night until the first trains in the morning. probably the former as it's the sensible option, but a no doubt already inebriated self will probably decide the latter is the better choice on the night

also, as special as these gigs are gonna be, i'm listening to old Arcade Fire and i really wish they were playing more songs from Funeral / Neon Bible (namely, all of Funeral, and Keep The Car Running / Intervention / No Cars Go from Neon Bible). i miss how they used to sound. such urgency and rawness to it

only Power Out and Haiti from Funeral getting played, and Haiti is probably my least favourite song from it

Edited by FloorFiller