Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Official statement from Roskilde: Arcade Fire is a really great band. We know as we’ve had the pleasure of their visit back in 2007. We would have loved to have them play Roskilde Festival 2014 as well, but unfortunately they’re going back over the pond before our weekend.

Since Werchter and Roskilde are in the same weekend, that's a no go. A Pukkelpop headliner without a doubt

dietediet put this In the Rock w forum, Roskilde dates are 29th June-6th July

could glasto be the last eu date before they go back to the US for their tour?

Anyone know if acts playing Lollapalooza Chile usually also play Lollapalooza in Chicago?

Arcade Fire are apparently going to be confirmed for the former overnight, and them playing in Chicago as part of a US tour in August/September would make sense.

Would also increase Glastonbury chances so....

Means they're not doing IOW so can only be good.

Arctic Monkeys played Northside this year too!

surely same weekend could still make them likely for IOW though, depending on what day they were doing?

I'm still going to go with for now that they won't be doing Glasto, I have no info except the whole no header have played before. Scottie has said before as well he can see too many money fests going for them this year for Glasto to be major to them.

I Also don't see them at R&L, not at all.

surely same weekend could still make them likely for IOW though, depending on what day they were doing?

I'm still going to go with for now that they won't be doing Glasto, I have no info except the whole no header have played before. Scottie has said before as well he can see too many money fests going for them this year for Glasto to be major to them.

I Also don't see them at R&L, not at all.

Hadn't thought about that, I suppose it could! Then again, if they were confirmed for a Scandinavian festival the same weekend as Glastonbury I'd be less confident about their chances.

I'm also gonna stay in the 'don't get too excited' camp for now, especially if that info re: Roskilde is correct.

Anyone know if acts playing Lollapalooza Chile usually also play Lollapalooza in Chicago?

Arcade Fire are apparently going to be confirmed for the former overnight, and them playing in Chicago as part of a US tour in August/September would make sense.

had this convo with someone the other day. From my view a Coachella header is more likely to play Lolla Chile and Brazil. I think it's a bit similar where like Download have Metallica but euro Soni have Metallica too.

Lolla Chile and Lolla Chicago I think from previous have headers kept apart but some lower acts play both, I think anyway. My bad if wrong

Coachella is far enough away from South America festivals to bother it I think.

Bonnaroo is one that sometimes does share headers with Coachella but the distance is massive so it's not an issue.

Edited by thewayiam

No not really, they sometimes share with Coachella as it's a couple of weekends later.

So, we now can assume that they're doing:

Australia Jan-Feb (Big Day Out)

South America March-April (Lollapalooza)

North America April-May (Coachella rumour, apparent US tour)

Europe May-June (Northside, Primavera)

North America July- (from Roskilde info)

Edited by dentalplan

Hadn't thought about that, I suppose it could! Then again, if they were confirmed for a Scandinavian festival the same weekend as Glastonbury I'd be less confident about their chances.

I'm also gonna stay in the 'don't get too excited' camp for now, especially if that info re: Roskilde is correct.

I don't see them thinking, yeah we'll play Glasto for a nothing fee when other fests are paying us such and such before we go back. Win didn't care about it last time either from what I hear and honestly I don't think Glasto would break their backs to get them. I reckon it'd be more a do you want to play? no, okay.

Not really, it does happen but not enough to think there's any great connection.

No not really, they sometimes share with Coachella as it's a couple of weekends later.

So, we now can assume that they're doing:

Australia Jan-Feb (Big Day Out)

South America March-April (Lollapalooza)

North America April-May (Coachella rumour, apparent US tour)

Europe May-June (Northside, Primavera)

North America July- (from Roskilde info)

I didn't even realise there was a Lollapalooza Brazil...

Their line-up is this time next week, so we can sort of assume they're playing that as well. The rough tour schedule you have there is pretty much spot on.

Questions still remain as to whether they'd want to do Glastonbury and whether they're even around at the end of June. Glastonbury would be the very last EU date by the looks of things if it were to happen.

I don't see them thinking, yeah we'll play Glasto for a nothing fee when other fests are paying us such and such before we go back. Win didn't care about it last time either from what I hear and honestly I don't think Glasto would break their backs to get them. I reckon it'd be more a do you want to play? no, okay.

The Stones have changed a lot in that regard though I feel.

Unless they have a real dislike for Glastonbury of course, which as you mention is possible!

They'll be after the cash. They don't see Glastonbury as the culmination of a career and setting their legacy in place (a la Stones). It'll be about the pound notes. I'm pretty sure they won't play Glastonbury. Do the round of festivals for the payday then they're sorted for the next few years.

had this convo with someone the other day. From my view a Coachella header is more likely to play Lolla Chile and Brazil. I think it's a bit similar where like Download have Metallica but euro Soni have Metallica too.

Lolla Chile and Lolla Chicago I think from previous have headers kept apart but some lower acts play both, I think anyway. My bad if wrong

Bonnaroo is one that sometimes does share headers with Coachella but the distance is massive so it's not an issue.

you are absolutely bonkers

• Upvote 2

They'll be after the cash.

Or they might want a publicity boost to, to go with the new album :D There not majorly about the cash are they? I think it was Reading, they gave away their fee to one of the Hati charities they are involved with? I know their very big on making donations to Hati charities anyway. So that side of Glastonbury might appeal to them. Hopefully!

Or they might want a publicity boost to, to go with the new album :D There not majorly about the cash are they? I think it was Reading, they gave away their fee to one of the Hati charities they are involved with? I know their very big on making donations to Hati charities anyway. So that side of Glastonbury might appeal to them. Hopefully!

Not sure about that, I know FR made a £25k donation as a condition of them playing, I don't know if it came out of or was on top of their fee. They have contributed a lot to those charities over the years but I didn't hear anything about them specifically giving up their R&L fee.

Edited by mrtourette

Bonnaroo and Coachella sharing headliners??!! hmm...i don't think so. If i had time i'd look it up but would be willing to bet they've likely never had same headliner in a year. I don't think Widespread Panic would go down well headlining Coachella...

and the idea that bookers worry about overlap from a Chicago and Chile festival is, well...i'll just let stop there....and let you find me a year when Coachella and Bonnaroo had a same headliner

Bonnaroo and Coachella sharing headliners??!! hmm...i don't think so. If i had time i'd look it up but would be willing to bet they've likely never had same headliner in a year. I don't think Widespread Panic would go down well headlining Coachella...

and the idea that bookers worry about overlap from a Chicago and Chile festival is, well...i'll just let stop there....and let you find me a year when Coachella and Bonnaroo had a same headliner

2013 - Sabbath played Bonnaroo and had previously pulled out of Coachella due to Iommi's illness

2012 - Radiohead played both.

2011 - Arcade Fire played both

2010 - Jay Z played both

2008 - Jack Johnson

just to name a few

2013 - Sabbath played Bonnaroo and had previously pulled out of Coachella due to Iommi's illness

That was 2012, and they played Lolla after pulling out of Coachella.

haha dude, I took great pleasure when he said find me a year, I knew of at least 3 times previously very recent. But I covered myself saying sometimes.

Amusing isn't it.

2012 - Radiohead played both.

2011 - Arcade Fire played both

2010 - Jay Z played both

2008 - Jack Johnson

just to name a few

if those are headliners...i stand corrected then...well done. a 4-0 defeat...and on my home turf...Sabbath weren't headliners though so you don't get the 5th goal!

these are just the 2 big US festivals that got established over the past 10 years and they traditionally have had a different vibe - "jam rock" vs. what the US call "alternative" music - and when i watched them more closely - i only attended one B'Roo, back in 2007 - I thought I'd rarely seen them have similar headliners in same year, as they were quite competitive and different, and certainly didn't share