The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Has anyone grabbed these bamboo socks from Matalan yet? Would be useful to get a mini review before splashing a whole £3 on them :)

http://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/Womens/Shop-By-Category/Socks-and-Tights/Socks/S2507989?gclid=CjgKEAjwt4-dBRCDnaTUn-mC_0oSJAC4Q6kG-vfFekgOD2y2R_LgV-iFphB8RkecW1lJuK9IDmhGXvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've seen people mentioning these a fair bit, I think Aldi stock them so might be cheaper to get from there if they haven't ran out.

• Upvote 1

I ordered it late Wednesday night and it came today. I did pay an extra £2 for next day delivery (took an extra day as order was placed in the evening) but they were quick to despatch so you might still get it before weds :).

Well I have to say I'm very impressed I didn't pay for next day delivery but they had an option to deliver to our local JD Sports and it arrived there this morning. Considering I only order it after 3pm on Friday I'm very happy with that service.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Festi phone, Nokia 105 free with a £10 top-up: http://www.e2save.com/mobile-phone/payg/nokia/Nokia-105-Blue.html

Not sure about the battery life claim though, I had one of these for last year, with some calling and lots of texting it lasted about 3 days, supposed to last longer.

You can get a spare battery for £2.90 off eBay. Not a Nokia one but should be ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/190380831772?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

I need a new tent this year. Mine got trashed when my son took it to Reading last year :( If anyone comes across any 2-3 man tent related bargains be sure to let us all know.

Depends what you mean by bargain really - Decathlon are doing a Vango Ark for 60 quid which is a great price for what it is.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ark-300-tent-id_8315723.html

No stock online, but looks like most stores have it available for reserve & collect.

That does look good. I'm not bothered about the lights but if the material is actually heat resistant coupled with the ventilation that would be a huge plus. I usually end up getting up about 8am because I'm cooking in my tent

That does look good. I'm not bothered about the lights but if the material is actually heat resistant coupled with the ventilation that would be a huge plus. I usually end up getting up about 8am because I'm cooking in my tent

That's dangerous, carbon monoxide is a killer in enclosed spaces. Do it in the porch :)

Edited by whisty
  • Upvote 3

It is surprisingly heat resistant and does vent well. I bought it because I was fed up with waking up coz I was being cooked post 7am.

I thought the lights were a bit of a gimmick but actually are really good and bright. Feels quite a luxury

How big is it? I am 6 foot 2 and will be in it on my own. It is spacious enough for me?