Decent ales etc that come in cans

DJL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Austell Tribute and Wychwood Hobgoblin are both tasty beers in cans.

Ohhh Tribute! That would go done fine, didn't know it was in cans, shall out for this!

BrewDog will have Punk on sale in 500ml cans in time for Glastonbury.

\\o//

I could be going "big brand" lager less for the first time at a Festival at this rate!

Strangely tastes much nicer out of the can rather than a glass unlike most other beers. But yeah one of my favourites though only once in a while as it's not cheap.

Id nae idea that Flying Dog were canning their stuff. Nice.

Edited by Wooderson

Good cider in cans anyone? Warm strongbow is the worst.

the good ones are mainly stowford press, thatchers gold and to a lesser extent scrumpy jack

brothers is not cider, magners is not cider, strongbow is barely cider (definitely not the fruit ones!!) rekorderlig is not cider..... carling cider is barely cider....

Edited by Memory Man

I'm only using them as someone bought me a voucher but Beer Hawk have just launched a small range of cans. They have a 10% 'sale' on them till Monday and it looks like you can get that alongside a 10% discount for signing up to the mailing list... they still ain't cheap though.

http://www.beerhawk.co.uk/new-beers

For me it's all about variety at glastonbury so i'll get at least one of each to spice up my daily selection of (the more affordable) thwaites wainwright and (slightly cheaper still) Old Golden Hen - it's a hard life.

Found a new one (to me) today, Crafty Dan's 13 Guns, a 5.5% hoppy American IPA, £1.65 for 330ml in Morrisons. Left a couple of cans by a sunny window all afternoon to mimic Glasto conditions. Verdict: decent. Reckon I'll be bringing a few of these along.

Hadn't seen this - will add a few to the selection...

Thanks BSR - your contribution to my festival, music and ale, is considerable.

Edited by DJL

Hopefully I have got the link correct, if so here is the ale in cans in my local ASDA. A good selection with Wainwright's and Golden Hen probably the best options for a long, hot festival (IMHO)

http://imgur.com/a/2pl8A#2

(checked, images work but they're massive. 5 images in total)

Edited by TheNewUnion

Brew your own! It's really easy, can get a kit from Wilkinsons for ~£20 (will make 40 pints), and once it's fermented, can leave it to brew in 2L plastic bottles (or smaller bottles if you want). You've still got time, and it should be better than at least London Pride.

A few small bars around here sell Brooklyn in cans. Just done a quick online search you can get it on amazon in cans too but quite pricey as you'd expect, at 30 quid for 12 small cans!

Brooklyn was the subject of tonight's warm can test, and, perhaps unsurprisingly given the word 'Lager' in the title, it failed miserably. Stuff definitely needs to be kept cold. It won't be making it into my bag o' booze for Glasto.