Decent ales etc that come in cans

DJL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All ales in cans taste great but taste far better if poured into a (plastic) glass especially if it is warm else you can get a slight tinny taste.

My wife bought me a pop-up plastic pint glass, as a jokey little present at xmas. Well, it's certainly coming to Glasto with me :)

Thought it may be of interest for folks here,
Majestic Wine warehouse currently have an offer on for 330ml cans of Punk IPA,
6 pack for £10.99 when you purchase two or more packs,
doesn't sound great but when compared to Brewdogs own service including the £5 delivery charge, it actually works out slight cheaper,
They also sell Purity Longhorn IPA at £6.99 for a 4 pack when buying two or more packs,
Not as nice but worth a think,
Plus if you register on their phone app you receive a £10 off voucher.....

Enjoy X

Yeh I've sorted my ale today. 2 x 4 Fursty Ferret (£8.00), 4 pack of Tangle Foot (£4.50) and IPA Green Can (£4) all from Tesco. Got to ask the Mrs to hide em otherwise they'll be gone, needed to get em soon incase the offer expired! Getting Jim Beam tomorrow, Tesco Superstore offer - £12.75!

Edited by Stokesy10

Just placed my first click and collect order with Tesco to get the ball rolling on booze stock. Used the code: XXFNJE and got £12 off the order -

Shows as an e coupon at checkout (offer says £12 off groceries but it was all alcohol on the order)

Order summary

Total Savings:

£0.00

Guide price *

(8 items) £87.99

Service charge:

£0.00

Subtotal:

£87.99

Payment summary

e-coupons

-£12.00

Clubcard vouchers

-£3.00

Total left to pay:

£72.99

Edited by Glastobuddy

Just placed my first click and collect order with Tesco to get the ball rolling on booze stock. Used the code: XXFNJE and got £12 off the order -

Shows as an e coupon at checkout (offer says £12 off groceries but it was all alcohol on the order)

Order summary

Total Savings:

£0.00

Guide price *

(8 items) £87.99

Service charge:

£0.00

Subtotal:

£87.99

Payment summary

e-coupons

-£12.00

Clubcard vouchers

-£3.00

Total left to pay:

£72.99

Awesome - I am going to do the same! Nice one, cheers.

Even if you can't quite get to £60 worth of booze, top it up with other snacks or toiletries you may need. Anyway, digressing off the topic a little, but my order did contain Adnams and Fursty Ferret ale - just got to ensure I keep them shut away and don't get tempted.

Thought it may be of interest for folks here,

Majestic Wine warehouse currently have an offer on for 330ml cans of Punk IPA,

6 pack for £10.99 when you purchase two or more packs,

doesn't sound great but when compared to Brewdogs own service including the £5 delivery charge, it actually works out slight cheaper,

They also sell Purity Longhorn IPA at £6.99 for a 4 pack when buying two or more packs,

Not as nice but worth a think,

Plus if you register on their phone app you receive a £10 off voucher.....

Enjoy X

Good shout on this for the 10 pound off voucher, cheers.

Good shout on this for the 10 pound off voucher, cheers.

No worries!

Had no idea this was available in cans. Lovely stuff. Will have to give it the warm can test... On the subject of which, how did your Old Golden Hen/Wainwrights testing go, Tacopowell?

Old Golden Hen is really nice, prefer it to Speckled, Great cold but a little tinny when warm, Need to try pouring into cup,

Think I'll be bring a few cans!

Wainwrights I'll be honest I've not tried yet....

I've gone for Adnams Southwold, Adnams Ghostship, Fursty Ferret and Ruddles County. (In addition to the staples of Carling, Fosters, Export, Strongbow and Thatchers). Do have some nice ales though - 24 cans of ale in total but may get more. Will buy a few nice pints there too.

Edited by markrkp