Decent ales etc that come in cans

DJL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very partial to quite a bit of Beavertown stuf. Gamma Ray and 8 Ball are both interesting beers and Black Betty (a black IPA) is superb (although probabkly not ideal for a hot summer festival.

All are availble in cans in a variety of places online (I used Ales by Mail, but there are loads of other places).

Amsuingly the head-brewer is Logan Plant, son of Led Zep's Robert Plant, so it's even on theme.

Edited by sadimmock

Tried that Thwaites Wainwrights Golden Ale tonight which someone recommended in here the other day.

Lovely drop.

Currently selling this in B&M for a quid a can. Picked up 4 to experiment. Gonna try one warm to get that authentic glastonbury taste.

My pal from Hamburg brought a crate of Astra over with him for us in plastic bottles last year. It held its taste really well at higher temperatures. Anyone know of any ales sold in plastic bottles?

I thought about mini kegs and the like but just thought pouring it, when it's shaken up as carried around the site, would be a bit of an arse, particularly in big crowds?

If anyone finds anywhere that does plastic bottled ale i'd definitely give that a go - I pour most of my cans into a hard plastic cup because i hate cans.

We carried mini kegs around last year and the beer was fine when pouring, would definitely recommend them. Not sure about plastic bottles, the beer won't stay fresh. Anytime I've taken leftovers from working beer festivals home in plastic bottles it needs used up straight away.

It might taste like crap out of a plastic bottle.

The thing with plastic bottles is they are oxygen permeable do won't keep as long as glass / cans but can easily keep a month / 6 weeks just not 6+ months. The other thing can be if they are clear, the hops react to light making the beer go off but if they are kept in the dark they are fine.