Films

Rufus Gwertigan

I'm of the camp that normally complain that all superhero films are the same, I thought it was an entertaining enough way to bring the character into the modern era, better that than another square jawed identical haircut doing it all for honour and the love of his nation or to avenge a fallen loved one.

I'm of the camp that normally complain that all superhero films are the same, I thought it was an entertaining enough way to bring the character into the modern era, better that than another square jawed identical haircut doing it all for honour and the love of his nation or to avenge a fallen loved one.

although he did do it for his daughter which is just as big of a cliche, although i agree it was definitely a nice step away from the rest of the Marvel films. was nice for the entire world to not be at risk for once and for it to be a bit more fun and simple, especially after Age Of Ultron which was kind of ridiculous

I thought it was pretty sh#t. More "honey I shrunk the kids" than superhero film.

Nothing with wrong with that anyway :P Its humor was used well I think and I liked the smaller scale of what the fight meant to everyone else as well.

The entire movie is worth it for the final fight with Thomas the Tank Engine involved anyway :D

rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1536x864-521514

I think I am getting more excited for Rouge One than The Force Awakens :D

The Gift, poor ending aside, is terrific.

The old Sam Raimi one? Loved that, been ages since I watched it shall have to dig it out. Ah the days of weird DVD releases whereby I have a US version with stunning visual quality and a japanese one with a DTS soundtrack and no reasonable way to marry the two. Think I'll download....

T3 is still entertaining, albeit nothing new. T4 actually hurt though - it had enough new and action to distract me first time from how shit it really was then I made the mistake of rewatching it and just sat in horror. Had to apologise to my mate I made watch it several times, but we'd got too far to stop by then

Terminator Genisys wasn't as bad as I had feared, though I went in there with expectations of it being an abomination like Terminators 3 and 4. It's not a patch on either Cameron film, of course, but it's nowhere near as dire as the other two either. Half in the Bag (youtube reviewers) described it as "a fan film with better special effects" and actually that's not so very far from what it is. Don't get me wrong, crappy and messy plot, horrible acting - the CGI version of Arnie was the best actor by far - but I didn't hate it on a deep and personal level as I hated T3/T4.

Watched it myself couple weeks back. 

If anyone is reading this that is going to watch this still don't read the following.

I don't know what to think, I agree with you that its worse than 1 & 2 but much better than 3, 4 & Salvation.

Its action non stop, think of it as an action film and not sci fi and its decent. 

The absolute worst thing I hated from the film was when they got arrested and it showed them having mugshots with bad boys playing over it. It was HORRIBLE and seemed so out of place in the movie. Its almost at times it didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be, action, sci fi, comedy. 

Theres tons of stuff about the film that when you think about it made NO sense whatsoever. 

Also I when Matt Smith was revealed I was like oooh I like that. Then he was never used again really and I was like ok, what a fucking waste that was. 

Speaking of Pesci and Scorsese, The Irishman looks like it may be actually happening after Scorsese is done with Silence.

Irishman cast - Pacino, De Niro, Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Bobby Cannavale.

Scorsese also doing a Mike Tyson bio starring Jamie Foxx

Wow my expectation levels on those two movies are poles apart !

Speaking of HD RIPS from the Usual Sources... finally got to see AGE OF ULTRON. I think having low expectations helped, but I enjoyed it (I'm not a MCU fan), hell I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than ASSEMBLE.

I feel sorry for the comic book films - they have so much riding on them.

I've quite enjoyed some of the slightly wonky ones thanks to my comic book tastes having been raped to death long ago, or too obscure to get touched. I'm oblivious to Avengers and Xmen history so Halle Berry aside I enjoyed the films loads