Who else thinks this year was actually outstanding?

Guest jazz565

Was my 8th Reading since 2003.

2003 was the best up until this year. Camped with about 25 friends from all over the world which helped. The atmosphere was incredible, especially for Foo Fighters and Greenday. No worries about idiots burning everything in the campsite and causing trouble it was nice and relaxed.

The weather definitely helped. I have so many good memories from this year, and the Foo's wrapped it up perfectly.

The last few years the only thing that has made me come back was the lineup. Now I think I might go again next year regardless of lineup.

Although saying that it was probably a good a send off I could have for my time at Reading, maybe I should draw a line underneath it for now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was my 8th Reading since 2003.

2003 was the best up until this year. Camped with about 25 friends from all over the world which helped. The atmosphere was incredible, especially for Foo Fighters and Greenday. No worries about idiots burning everything in the campsite and causing trouble it was nice and relaxed.

The weather definitely helped. I have so many good memories from this year, and the Foo's wrapped it up perfectly.

The last few years the only thing that has made me come back was the lineup. Now I think I might go again next year regardless of lineup.

Although saying that it was probably a good a send off I could have for my time at Reading, maybe I should draw a line underneath it for now.

This year was my first time at reading. I enjoyed it alot (especially foos and green day) and i camped fairly close to the arena we had no problems with any of the people we camped by apart from being very loud but everyone one was loud.My only problem was as soon as i got into the area i felt my self surrounded by so many rude people!

NME readers have voted Enter Shikari the best live act of this years Reading & Leeds Festivals. Okay, did all of these people have s**t in their ears AND eyes? I like Shikari, but come on. Foos? Kasabian? Nope, Shikari...

Edited by 5co77ie

I do think that's hilarious and surely for most people who were there this makes NME look bad. What's even more amazing is there is not one act on the list from BBC or Lock Up or even Dance Tent (okay pushing it a bit there) - but then it's a volume vote not a quality of performance vote.

The top 10 was :

1. Enter Shikari, Main Stage

2. Foo Fighters, Main Stage

3. Kasabian, Main Stage

4. The Cure, Main Stage

5. The Black Keys, Main Stage

6. Green Day, NME/Radio 1 Stage

7. Kaiser Chiefs, Main Stage

8. Maccabees, NME/Radio 1 Stage

9. Paramore, Main Stage

10. The Hives, NME/Radio 1 Stage

I thought the Black Keys struggled and yet they're above Green Day! I'd say this is more closely matched by numbers watching them than by how good they were. Although even then Foo's would win by a country mile.

Talked to one of the head white-jacket security people Monday morning. About how bad it was on the last night when I first went in 2005, with Stuart Security, and how it has steadily improved since then.

"It feels like we've got it right now doesn't it? Best atmosphere I've seen here."

I agreed, just felt like most of the ****heads had gone, and we were left with a load of happy people wanting to have a good time. I've read people saying otherwise, but they seem to be the exception.

Was gonna make that my last Leeds, but gonna find a way to go to both Glasto and Leeds next year.

I found this year too be much more laid back, especially in the campsite which goes against the apparent rise of teenagers camped around me. This might be due to the increase being particularly of the female variety.

People were on the whole a lot more sociable in the arena. Had a chat to a few people everyday whilst near the back of main & NME.

Only trouble I saw was some iffy lads camped one over from me having security go in to their tents & pull out (I'm not kidding) an almost full length mirror covered in powder & pills 6am Sunday. When the lads arrived back security told them to fess up & they wouldn't call the police. I wonder what they did wih the stash? The lads told me they didn't bring any pills & they were planted (probably forgot buying them) but the mirror was so blatent it was their own fault.

I didn't hear one explosion when I left on Monday!

The long haired dancer guy to the side was off his face on something. He kept doing "the claw". Being unfamiliar with the band I still don't know what he was doing.

Can be seen sketching out at the beginning of this...

Found the dance tent to be rather mild mannered this year except for Feed Me for about 5 minutes during One Click Headshot.