Who else thinks this year was actually outstanding?

Guest jazz565

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 or 2012? 2002 was a vintage year IMO.

2012 still isn't the best Main Stage line-up for me. The NME and FR stages, however, were the strongest I've ever seen them, and they decided to make them more diverse rather than just chucking in a load of generic NME-backed guitar bands.

Best one I've been to personally. I went with my girlfriend and no-one else so I wasn't that interested in the nightlife etc. so we camped in Green and it was a really nice laid back atmosphere, exactly as advertised on this forum. My only downer was being referred to as "scottish scum" but nothing was said to our faces so it was all good.

The arena was brilliant too this year. There was straw down early enough to bind the soil so no repeat of Download from this year, a lot of great bands. The line-up didn't look all that strong in the undercard but I saw more bands than I ever have at a fest and enjoyed myself more.

I'd say it's the best fest I've been to. I've done Leeds '10, '11 and '12, TITP '11 and Download '11 and '12.

There was a load of shit on there, but there was also a load of good bands that I'd watch on there too. Looking at the line up, I counted around 25 bands I'd watch.

I guess it depends on what you're interested in though.

To be fair, it was from a period in time when the NME actually wrote about guitar bands. Nowadays all they publish is stories about Noel Gallagher preferring HP sauce to tomato ketchup or something as equally irrelevant, or news about Chris Brown, Rihanna and Jessie J.

They don't write about guitar bands now because guitar bands are the irrelevance.

NME have cottoned on to that, about 5 years after they became irrelevant. :lol:

Like it or not, music changes. And so does the NME, eventually. Apart from being consistently shit of course.