Who else thinks this year was actually outstanding?

Guest jazz565

I for one feel that this years Reading (don't know if Leeds was) was absolutely amazing.

It just felt like the best Reading I've been too in awhile. Felt like the old days. A great surprise act in Green Day, a monumental Foo Fighters set, lots.

There was defiantly less dickheads around, the only thing I would say was that in some crowds it was a bit lifeless but the majority of the sets I went to it was perfect.

What's everyone else's thoughts? Better than Reading has been recently?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Leeds but feel similarly, struggled to enjoy last year as much as I had the previous two and had said at the time it would be my last. Planned on IOW and RW instead this year, but then my parents came through with a ticket asking me to take my 15 year old brother for the first time. What a festival for him to experience! Crowds were great, campsite was good banter all round with very little feeling of it spilling over, no poor headliner sets, loads of bands to see all day every day. Shame about the ever-marked up prices in the arena but can't expect anything else really, the free breakfast and beer was a decent touch (although everyone else has said all that needs to be said about the Skol...). He's now a festival addict much the same as me, planning next year's already with his mates, thanks FR!

This was my 8th Leeds in a row, and it's challenging for top spot.

I don't know, it was just a mix of so many good things coming together, I don't know if I've been happier in my entire life.

Just one of the highlights: sitting on orange hill for the last half an hour of Piccadilly at 5.30 Sunday morning next to someone in a monkey onesie I'd been dancing with for 4 hours straight, with some other friends too.

On a more mundane matter, the organisation was really great.

Edited by Simpo

Talked to one of the head white-jacket security people Monday morning. About how bad it was on the last night when I first went in 2005, with Stuart Security, and how it has steadily improved since then.

"It feels like we've got it right now doesn't it? Best atmosphere I've seen here."

I agreed, just felt like most of the ****heads had gone, and we were left with a load of happy people wanting to have a good time. I've read people saying otherwise, but they seem to be the exception.

Was gonna make that my last Leeds, but gonna find a way to go to both Glasto and Leeds next year.

Agree. I did Reading 2003 - 2008 then stopped cos it was getting a bit shit. First year since and bloody hell, it was ace. Everyone friendly, didn't encounter any dickheads, Brown campsite nice and chilled but still had a fun atmosphere, marvellous bands and mostly great crowds.

The last couple of years have definitely seen an improvement in the atmosphere, although I'm sure when indie rock becomes trendy again we'll see a return of all the problems that V are currently having. If this upturn in good vibes is what comes with having allegedly shit line-ups that don't appeal to the masses then long may it continue.

Only my third time, but was the best i've been too. Atmosphere, bands, etc. Only thing that put a downer on it (which has more to do with me being unlucky and not the festivals fault) was the idiots camping opposite us in purple... didn't see any bands, and sat there all day drinking till they chundered, then carrying on drinking to chunder more, calling over under age girls to neck wine then make them chunder dragon.. i'm up for fun, but as far as 16/17 year olds go, they were c***s.

Talked to one of the head white-jacket security people Monday morning. About how bad it was on the last night when I first went in 2005, with Stuart Security, and how it has steadily improved since then.

"It feels like we've got it right now doesn't it? Best atmosphere I've seen here."

I agreed, just felt like most of the ****heads had gone, and we were left with a load of happy people wanting to have a good time. I've read people saying otherwise, but they seem to be the exception.

I think Leeds was solid, but I wouldn't say outstanding. I have no complaints, but basically it's not Glastonbury and I don't think I can ever think Leeds is outstanding again without huge changes. I had a really good time though, I'd like to go with a bigger group next year. A few nights only two of us stayed up after the bands, which isn't Leeds' fault obviously but a big group does keep you bouncing off each other's energy and stupid fun ideas.

Probably ranks 3rd out of my 9.

I agree it was fantastic, some great performences I felt, can't compare to other years.

Only time crowds were a problem was when you to see bands with mass appeal or one song that everyone and their nans knows and nothing else really but thats expected and normally stepping back a bit got you some decent people around.

White campsite in reading had to have some of the best neighbours I've had at fest, a real nice atmosphere of just sitting around a fire etc and enjoying the night quietly with not to many shouts of alan :P

Leeds isn't Glastonbury and doesn't try to be. It's nice to have different types of festival. I fell abit out of love with Leeds - been going since 2005 it stopped in 2009. Bought tickets because of firstly the cure but also the rest of the lineup. Was a fantastic weekend and I will be back. I also adore Glastonbury - where as thats about the whole package, can go off and not see any music - Leeds is very much about the music for me. Saw 27 full sets this weekend and the odd part set. Loved darting between stages like a mad thing.

Definitely my favourite year! The atmosphere everywhere was nice and 99% of the people were there to have a good time and listen to some cracking music. Even Sunday was quite chilled this year!

Decent line up (especially the headliners), brilliant atmosphere and good organization from the organisers/security. Certainly room to improve but I really did enjoy this year!

I agree the atmosphere was a bit lacking for some of the bands, but when that happened I either got a bit further in to where I could see people dancing, or necked some of my special-super-strength-malibu-and-relentless (patent pending) and danced around and sang on my own anyway. I had a good time, and hopefully I raised a few smiles as well!

Forgot to mention, I dropped my phone like an idiot. Of the thousands of people who probably would've just kept an iPhone, mine was found by a good soul who rang my mate and got it back to me. Theyll probably never read this but big thanks!