2013 Headliners

Guest Andre91

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely coheed are not far off sub size if deftones are? And both dream theater and mastodon are not far off... Mastodon's star is soaring atm.

But none are as big as machine head who played 3rd down this yr....

So

Tool

Deftones

Coheed

Dream theater

Mastodon

Opeth

Porcupine tree

65 days of static

Karnivool

That'd do me! :D

Edited to suggest mars Volta instead of deftones... :D

Edited by thegremlin_1999

Personally I'd like to see something like:

Main:

Green Day

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

Rancid

AFI

Less Than Jake

Tool

Queens of The Stone-Age

Stone Sour

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Arch Enemy

Iron Maiden

Van Halen

ZZ Top

Wolfmother

Airbourne

Clutch

2nd

Slayer

Lamb of God

Evanescence

Papa Roach

The Offspring

Sum 41

3rd

Children Of Bodom

Europe

The Used

Probably not enough up and comers in there, largely because I haven't been paying attention to any up and comers of late, so couldn't hazard a guess as to who would fit in where. I imagine Pendulum will be back to fill the dancey quota.

Main:

Green Day

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

Rancid

AFI

Less Than Jake

Tool

Queens of The Stone-Age

Stone Sour

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Arch Enemy

Iron Maiden

Van Halen

ZZ Top

Wolfmother

Airbourne

Clutch

2nd

Slayer

Lamb of God

Evanescence

Papa Roach

The Offspring

Sum 41

3rd

Children Of Bodom

Europe

The Used

Probably not enough up and comers in there, largely because I haven't been paying attention to any up and comers of late, so couldn't hazard a guess as to who would fit in where. I imagine Pendulum will be back to fill the dancey quota.

I anticipate Enter Shikari to fill the dancey quota Download seems obsessed with in recent years failing that Skrillex or heaven forbid both! :0

Edit: any of these would be ok.

Tool

Queens of The Stone Age

Stone Sour

Deftones

Dream Theater

Porcupine Tree

65 Days Of Static

Karnivool

Soen

Monster Magnet

At The Drive In

Rage Against The Machine

Rammstein

Alice In Chains

Screaming Trees

Faith No More

Stone Temple Pilots

Primus

Puscifer

Hed P.E

Wouldn't be the end of the world to include a couple of theese.

Papa Roach

The Offspring

Sum 41

Weezer

Rancid

Less Than Jake

Edited by AcademicPistol

Main:

Green Day

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

Rancid

AFI

Less Than Jake

Tool

Queens of The Stone-Age

Stone Sour

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Arch Enemy

Iron Maiden

Van Halen

ZZ Top

Wolfmother

Airbourne

Clutch

2nd

Slayer

Lamb of God

Evanescence

Papa Roach

The Offspring

Sum 41

3rd

Children Of Bodom

Europe

The Used

Main:

Green Day

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

Rancid

AFI

Less Than Jake

Tool

Queens of The Stone-Age

Stone Sour

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Arch Enemy

Iron Maiden

Van Halen

ZZ Top

Wolfmother

Airbourne

Clutch

2nd

Slayer

Lamb of God

Evanescence

Papa Roach

The Offspring

Sum 41

3rd

Children Of Bodom

Europe

The Used

LOG singer is in jail.

Pendulum split up.

Van Halen are headliners. They are probably in the top four biggest rock bands in the world.

I think Stone Sour will sub.

Europe won't play again for a while.

The Used are too big for 3rd ? I'm not sure about that one.

LOG singer is in jail.

Pendulum split up.

Van Halen are headliners. They are probably in the top four biggest rock bands in the world.

I think Stone Sour will sub.

Europe won't play again for a while.

The Used are too big for 3rd ? I'm not sure about that one.

its such a shame that pendulum have gone they are an amazing act. Would it not be a possibility for next year to get Queen +Adam lambert to play seeing as they were going to play sonisphere and it seems an awful shame that the festival scene misses out on that. although reading may try and pinch em. I am really stuck for new headline acts unless...bullet for my valentine come back with a massive new album and arena tour?

Pendulum WILL get back together again, in 2014/15 I reckon, not for a while. Knife Party will do well but Pendulum inevitably will always do heck of a lot better. It didn't feel like a proper ending to a bands career. There's still a lot of potential with Pendulum.

its such a shame that pendulum have gone they are an amazing act. Would it not be a possibility for next year to get Queen +Adam lambert to play seeing as they were going to play sonisphere and it seems an awful shame that the festival scene misses out on that. although reading may try and pinch em. I am really stuck for new headline acts unless...bullet for my valentine come back with a massive new album and arena tour?

Edited by jump

I just had a quick look through Andy Copping's Twitter and and he stated that Stone Sour aren't big enough to headline the festival. He also said that Jay-Z could headline depending on setlist choice, and that Deadmau5 could play in the future.

Just thought I'd add these things to the discussions. :)

Jay-Z would be interesting. But he doesn't seem like the type who would entertain the thought of leaving big songs out of a setlist, he knows what his fans want to hear. It would be great to see him at DL though :) I think its good to see some diversity coming into the big rock festival. The Prodigy and C&S this year and him talking Jay and Deadmau5 is good.