2013 Headliners

Guest Andre91

Anyone think that MCR may be accepted more at Download now than previous years? They have moved away from this 'emo' tag and put on a great show, new album expected...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not as they aren't really any more rock than before, if anything they're more pop. Moving away from emo helped them get the R&L headline gig but the direction they went in wouldn't help them headline Download.

i have it on good source that kiss are the headliner all ready booked.

they have a new album coming out which they are going round the world with.

they are also saying that they will be doing a stage show like never before and pushing the boundries of technology.

i have it on good source that kiss are the headliner all ready booked.

they have a new album coming out which they are going round the world with.

they are also saying that they will be doing a stage show like never before and pushing the boundries of technology.

Well Kiss will be doing the rounds next summer, but I'm not sure any festival will want to book them in the UK. Download 2008 wasn't really much of a success (though arguably not really there fault), and them playing Sonisphere as an EU exclusive this year did nothing either...

AC/DC said they are looking to tour after this year off, but don't want to do a massive tour like the last one, said they've rethought their policy in regards to not doing festivals and would like to do some festivals now. Not sure if they'd be back after the DL 2010 fiasco, though they sell tickets and it sounds like they aren't looking to go too over the top this time anyways.

is coppo still trying to get van halen?

I'm thinking Tool, Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden... possibly with My Chem supporting Foos (although they could quite easily headline Sonisphere)... I kept thinkin Slipknot would play but I'm guessing if they do Knotfest then they can play Download with a new album in 2014. If Tool decide not to tour again then they can get Faith No More in instead. Possibly Van Halen to sub to Iron Maiden and then a newer act like Bullet to support to Tool/Faith No More.

Edited by SOAD

ahhh but downoload had a sort of ozzfest before....why couldnt knotfest be encorporated into one day? say the friday?