2013 Headliners

Guest Andre91

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect if Alter Bridge played again, they'd headline Second or Sub, rather than play third down again. I expect Mastodon would headline second, off of The Hunter's success. I'd say Stone Sour would sub, unless the sub above them is as strong as QOTSA. I doubt Killswitch will be back that high

Knotfest will be it's own event, however doesn't rule them out of Download - but to be honest I reckon Stone Sour will be likely doing festivals next year seeing as they'll have a new album out to promote.

I think one of 30STM or A7X will get the bump up next year too. Rammstein said in their thank you message for their metal hammer award something like "rest assured, we will return to the UK soon", which makes it seem like the UK will be a part of their festival tour next year so Download's possibly finally nabbed them. Could see it being A7X (or 30STM)/RAMMSTEIN/VAN HALEN (Or Iron Maiden)

Edited by kipper64

Alot of folkes reckon AX7, BFMV & Biffy etc will be headlining soon but what do people think about Deftones chances of headlining? i mean they have been subs twice (at least) now.

I would love them to headline with maybe 2 'stronger' (commercially) acts cushioning them but it's probably unlikely.

Edited by AcademicPistol

Fair I can't really work out how big Van Halen are over here... I always thought Soundgarden should headline Download if they ever played but of course they didn't... anywayz how about something like this for Main Stage:

Tool

Bullet For My Valentine

Alter Bridge

Mastodon

Serj Tankian

Five Finger Death Punch

Cancer Bats

LostAlone

Foo Fighters

My Chemical Romance

Brand New

Killswitch Engage

Alice in Chains

Parkway Drive

The Blackout

Fightstar

Royal Republic

Iron Maiden

Queens of the Stone Age

Stone Sour

Down

Within Temptation

Coheed and Cambria

Killing Joke

Testanent

Rise To Remain

It would be great (imo) if it was Muse, Green Day & Rammstein, I think it's possible too. With 30STM, Stone Sour and either Paramore or MCR subbing.

Muse

30STM

Limp Bizkit

Cypress Hill

Papa Roach

Staind

Alkaline Trio

Falling In Reverse

InMe

Green Day

Paramore OR MCR

Enter Shikari

Bring Me The Horizon

Sum 41

Coheed and Cambria

Less Than Jake

The Blackout

Andrew WK

Rammstein

Stone Sour

KoRn

Alice In Chains

Five Finger Death Punch

In Flames

A Day To Remember

Parkway Drive

Architects

Second Stage headliners Slayer, Alter Bridge & Mastodon.

With Primus, Black Stone Cherry & The Gaslight Anthem subbing :)

Edited by Andre91

Alot of folkes reckon AX7, BFMV & Biffy etc will be headlining soon but what do people think about Deftones chances of headlining? i mean they have been subs twice (at least) now.

I would love them to headline with maybe 2 'stronger' (commercially) acts cushioning them but it's probably unlikely.

Would download be able to get Muse, knowing that the other two would have to be bloody good rock/metal headers? I say this due the to price Muse have on their latest arena tour. £55 + £5.50 booking fee then postage of about £5 probs so you're looking at £63 possibly for a single ticket.