• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I dony really think they need old members to join, or if that would give them a boost at all really. I think they just need one more big album. Their profile seems to have risen since their glasto show, and I think they could already easily headline download. If their new album is anywhere near as big as SFTD they should headline

Oliveri rejoining would generate a decent amount of intrest in them and a lot of press. I'm still hear people complaining he was sacked and Queens are boring now.

They don't want to play Download, the problem is they don't like being tagged as a metal band and they do their best to avoid it.

That was one of the reason but the main one being Oliveri is too much trouble when touring, he's been kicked out of 5 bands for being a dick to deal with. I remember an interview with Homme at the time saying something like "people keep saying he's a bad ass but so was Sid Vicous and he was a shit bassit".

I doubt it will ever happen but he has been freinds with Homme since or at least upto his current arrest.

I just don't see it happening permanently. I don't think it desperately needs to either. The SFTD lineup was awesome, but it's not like the members since have done badly or the records have been poor.

On the Lanegan thing, I don't believe he'll ever "rejoin". Record an album and do one tour maybe, but he seems to like moving between projects.

I liked the SFTD line up (with Joey instead of Grohl) as they had that Guns N Roses orginal line up sense of danger to it which is lacking in most bands now but since then they've been making much more consistent albums and the main person it would benifit would Oliveri who just seems to be in constant trouble and about to be locked up for 10+ years by the looks of it so it doesn't really matter.

Yeah I doubt Lanegan would be intrested in joining again, he seems happy to work with them on albums without being a full member.