V: Lady Gaga, Coldplay

Reading And Leeds: Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Blur

Isle Of Wight: Lady Gaga, The Killers, The Who

Download: Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, Rammstein

Glastonbury: The Stone Roses, Radiohead, Metallica

T In The Park: Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire, Green Day

V: Lady Gaga, Coldplay

Reading And Leeds: Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Blur

I've been pondering Bloc Party again...number 3 album (OK not that impressive, but still better I think than The Strokes and MCR managed with their last albums), Earl's Court show far enough away from the summer, plus Four is brilliant. Get them UK exclusive headliner and it's a decent booking I think...

I am biased of course :P.

Maybe co-headline with Mumfords...or bill whoever of the two as headliner, but give both an hour and a half. Would need strength elsewhere...Pearl Jam and Blur, maybe?

Edited by theevilfridge

R&L - Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy, Blur

Glastonbury - Radiohead, Stone Roses, Lady Gaga

Download - Nickelback, Rammstein, Iron Maiden

IOW - My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire, Green Day

TITP - Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers

Soni - Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Muse

I've been pondering Bloc Party again...number 3 album (OK not that impressive, but still better I think than The Strokes and MCR managed with their last albums), Earl's Court show far enough away from the summer, plus Four is brilliant. Get them UK exclusive headliner and it's a decent booking I think...

I am biased of course :P.

The difference between Strokes/MCR and Bloc Party was that they were previously huge and had headline other fests where as Bloc were never huge. Saying that I could see them getting a push but more likely for Bestival.

Why are people putting up headliners for every fest in the R&L section?

Edited by theevilfridge

Anyone listened to the new Melvin Benn Reading and Leeds interview on NME?

The question on The Stone Roses came up and he said they weren't on his list and he feels Michael Eavis is wrong that he'll get them to headline glasto.

Also says he has two headliners already, one to go but they know who they want and think they want to as well. The 3rd one they want I reckon must be Biffy Clyro - They did Download and IOW this year, they aren't really V Fest anymore, they've done RockNess this year too, Reading is directly their crowd, defo not a band they'd need to book way in advance for them to jump at the chance.

One I think is Blur, the other I'm not sure.

That's generally the reason given but it is hard to believe that is the reason Eavis doesnt want metal at the festival.

The reasons lack any sort of credibility,for a start there have been many metal headliners who have safely headlined loads of festivals around europe since the Roskilde incident.Also, the band playing at Roskilde at the time was Pearl Jam,hardly metal.In fact,i wouldnt be surprised if Pearl Jam played at Glastonbury on the future.

Eavis obviously doesnt want Metal but i'm not convinced he's given us the real reasons(if indeed there is a reason other than he just doesnt think it would suit glastonbury)

He told us that he didn't think Biffy were a headline band yet, and that the Stone Roses weren't being looked at (nor would they be at Glasto) also said there would be no metal headliner. Said some other stuff but I was kind of drunk and forgot. Obviously didn't take anything as fact though... he's a promoter.

Well, since everyone seems to be doing it...

Reading/Leeds - Blur, Biffy/Bloc Party, Green Day or a totally unexpected act (Jay Z?)

Glasto - Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys, The Stone Roses, Lady Gaga

IOW - Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Act shared with Hard Rock if on (Fleetwood Mac or The Who?)

V - Lady Gaga, Muse

TITP - The Killers/Biffy, Lady Gaga, Green Day

Download - Paramore, Rammstein, Pearl Jam

Rockness - Bloc Party, Calvin Harris/Example, The Prodigy

yeah, shes pretty much going to be stuffed down our throats

Well, since everyone seems to be doing it...

Reading/Leeds - Blur, Biffy/Bloc Party, Green Day or a totally unexpected act (Jay Z?)

Glasto - Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys, The Stone Roses, Lady Gaga

IOW - Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Act shared with Hard Rock if on (Fleetwood Mac or The Who?)

V - Lady Gaga, Muse

TITP - The Killers/Biffy, Lady Gaga, Green Day

Download - Paramore, Rammstein, Pearl Jam

Rockness - Bloc Party, Calvin Harris/Example, The Prodigy

yeah, shes pretty much going to be stuffed down our throats