The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

As a European, A Brit, and an Englishman...

I am scared we are all about to take a massive step backwards... We should be moving together instead of moving apart...

Hoping I don't wake up to a broken and divided nation... It would be a huge mistake... I hope the "little" Scotlanders don't have their way...

Night all...

Barry, hate to break it to you, but you already live in a broken & divided nation which is one of the reasons why Yes have done so well.

fair do's. Anyway, it's not over yet. I seem to be the only person here with any positivity left for the yes vote, and I'm a filthy london-dweller

I'm split russy ...I'm hearing from friends lots of real world examples of people moving to yes. But the guys on the telly dem to be assuming no. God knows. The opinion polls have been bizarre. They were all over the place for ages then suddenly in the last week they all fell into am uncanny line. I have no real theory as to why this happened.

I am still hopeful...ish. :)

Whats your gut feeling right now LJS and do you think the high turnout favours either side

Like anything , you can spin it either way ...I think it is brilliant if the turnout is in the mid high eighties it is brilliant for democracy.

So even less than 3000?

If that's the case, the YouGov president must be fecking confident to have made an assertion like he did earlier.

Supposedly the 2,600ish people they asked had also taken part in earlier polls about voting intention. Therefore they were able to compare the two sets of data to see if there had been any change. Or something like that.

From that they came up with two statements:

- A small shift from 'Yes' to 'No'

- A greater turnout from those intending to vote 'No'

(I'm not saying I think there's much in their crappy poll, just trying to explain it a bit further :P)

I'm split russy ...I'm hearing from friends lots of real world examples of people moving to yes. But the guys on the telly dem to be assuming no. God knows. The opinion polls have been bizarre. They were all over the place for ages then suddenly in the last week they all fell into am uncanny line. I have no real theory as to why this happened.

I am still hopeful...ish. :)

Yeah, it seems utterly bizarre that there was that poll putting yes ahead, then the next day it was a done deal for no and the bookies paid out.

Very strange and I can't help thinking there has been some manipulation of some sort, even if it was just psychologically.

Not over yet though, but the bookies odds are ridiculously short now