Will Pearl Jam ever play Glasto

Guest swede

me too.. Crazy Horse used to bring out the wilder side of him, but he does that now with or without them. Of the more recent shows, I've enjoyed him without them...

Hammersmith Odeon, '76 still remains a rather special concert ....first half solo, second half with Crazy Horse. The first time I'd 'experienced' (and I use the word wisely!) Hurricane. It was one of the first 'dates' with my then girl-friend (still together ...), who didn't know much about Neil Young at the time... she was devastated, literally, in the best way.

I think part of the reason Neil went down so well in 2009 was his choice of songs, which was partly down to him not having Crazy Horse.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i was just on the 10club site and some ones put a list of songs and how many times they have been plated at gigs and i remember some saying something about pearl jams back catalogue so i thought id just pop it on here cos its some thing else old sons....

Here's a breakdown of songs & how many times they got played over the 17 gigs this year (not including Oracle). Makes interesting reading I think.

Alive 16

Corduroy 16

Even Flow 15

Better Man 14

Do The Evolution 14

Small Town 14

Given To Fly 14

The Fixer 14

Unthought Known 13

Just Breathe 12

Why Go 12

Got Some 11

Yellow Ledbetter 11

Black 10

Jeremy 10

Daughter 9

Porch 9

Rockin' In The Free World 9

Amongst The Waves 8

Rearviewmirror 8

Nothingman 7

Once 7

Animal 6

Comatose 6

State Of Love And Trust 6

Baba O'Riley 5

Hail, Hail 5

Lukin 5

Not For You 5

Wishlist 5

World Wide Suicide 5

Crazy Mary 4

Go 4

Interstellar Overdrive 4

Life Wasted 4

Save You 4

Severed Hand 4

Wasted Reprise 4

1/2 Full 3

Arms Aloft 3

Immortality 3

Indifference 3

Know Your Rights 3

Last Exit 3

Love Reign O'er Me 3

Low Light 3

Off He Goes 3

Present Tense 3

Release 3

Smile 3

Better Things 2

Blood 2

Breath 2

Come Back 2

Deep 2

Down 2

Footsteps 2

Garden 2

Glorified G 2

Green Disease 2

I Am Mine 2

In Hiding 2

Inside Job 2

Insignificance 2

Last Kiss 2

Little Wing 2

Long Road 2

Mother 2

Oceans 2

Push Me, Pull Me 2

Save it for Later 2

Setting Forth 2

Sonic Reducer 2

Spin The Black Circle 2

Supersonic 2

99 Problems 1

All Those Yesterdays 1

Alone 1

Brain Of J. 1

Breakerfall 1

Bugs 1

Cropduster 1

Crown Of Thorns 1

Dissident 1

Eruption 1

Faithfull 1

Fortunate Son 1

Ghost 1

Gods' Dice 1

Grievance 1

Habit 1

Hard To Imagine 1

Hitchhiker 1

I Believe In Miracles 1

I Got Id 1

In My Tree 1

Kick Out The Jams 1

Leash 1

Leatherman 1

Love Boat Captain 1

Man Of The Hour 1

Mankind 1

MFC 1

Nothing As it Seems 1

Of The Earth 1

Of The Girl 1

Ole´ 1

Parachutes 1

Pilate 1

Public Image 1

Rain 1

Rats 1

Red Mosquito 1

Sad 1

Sometimes 1

The End 1

Unemployable 1

Untitled 1

W.M.A. 1

Wash 1

Why Can't I Touch It? 1

​and thats just 17 gigs some back catalogue ahh

Oh man, SIX years since I saw Pearl Jam at Leeds 2006?! What a show.

I thought with it being their first festival show since Roskilde they'd start off slow, but no, they played "Go" first (after a quick hello and plea for safety), blowing all apprehension away.

In fact, I've just dug up the official bootleg of the show "If you're ready we're ready..." Goosebumps listening to that.

As a massive PJ fan I'm dying for this to happen. I get the feeling that they might play at some point in the future but probably not for a few years yet.

I got to see them 4 times over the summer and I took a mate to each of the Manchester gigs, neither of them knew much of PJ other than Alive and Black but both cane away saying it was the best gig they'd seen and they've both gone out and downloaded most of the back catalogue.

I think the problem with PJ is that they rarely get played on the main stream radio stations so they've crept under most people's radar's. If they were better known in the UK whilst I still think they might not have played yet they'd be a more persistent rumour at the very least.

Whilst I sort of understand ME's concerns over safety (though I disagree that they're any form of risk) it seems a shame that there could be no place for one of the most consistently good live bands in the world not to be able to be part of Glastonbury. Yes they're a rock group but no heavier than QOTSA, Eagles of Death Metal and maybe even The Who or Neil Young (though I know that the crowd behaves differently for these last 2).

PJ's ethos is a really good match for the festival and my bet is that ME and Eddie Vedder would have a lot in common. They'd be a good fit and I just hope that the Foo's taking a break just makes PJ that little bit more likely.

they are finishing there new album but dont have plans to tour next year according to the pj10 club so we may have to wait a while .

you never know though eddie might do a solo slot and i say him at the Hammersmith Apollo a couple of month ago and it was probably THE best show IVE EVER been to ............bow.gif

I read that Michael eavis isn't so keen having heavier bands headlines because of the crowd it attracts and that once the hells angels burnt his fathers favourite carriage .

this doesn't make sense anymore as we have all paid our deposits without knowing a single band , so yay pearl jam and yay rage against the machine

• 4 months later...

I don't wanna get into the "glasto needs heavier bands/Roskilde" argument. There's other threads for that. But in the 15 years I've been going to festivals; Pearl Jam, Reading 2006 is the best headline set I've ever seen.

They should play the pyramid, but would absolutely destroy the other stage.

Just sayin

Edited by Ed209

Epic bump.

Of all the bands that are remotely likely (i.e. no one except Led Zep or Tool, pretty much) there's no one I'd rather headline. Yet to see them live, but I'm a huge fan and they're 2nd on my list of must sees. Again, only behind Tool.

Was so disappointed that they only played Manchester when they were over and didn't do a London show. Strongly considered buying a day ticket for IOW just for them, glad I didn't now!! Reckon they'd have been in with a shout to play Sonisphere this year too. Shame it's gone!!

i doubt it'll ever happen because Pearl Jam are largely irrelevant when it comes to popular music these days and yet aren't old enough / revered enough to be considered a heritage act. far too big for Other as well. i imagine they're probably on Download's very small list of 'heavy bands that could headline but haven't yet' so will probably play there in the next few years i'd imagine

They aren't very heavy and I've never seen a band take more care of the audience.

Every time I've seen them live Eddie will do things like ask the audience to take three steps back to relieve pressure, call out crowd surfers for their childish antics and even stop in the middle of a song to adress something he doesn't like.

Not to mention that Pearl Jam are one of the few bands who actually bothers to change up the set list from show to show.