Student Demonstrations

Guest gratedenini

I`m watching this live now. Eeee lad. Students have always demonstrated haven`t they.

But when I look at this now...and its fascinating looking at it from the air... its plain to see..theres lots of people there...but, as usual its only the first few rows that are causing the trouble... throwing stuff at the police and punching etc.

From what I can see, the police are doing a good job and if this was in another country...there would be water cannons fired ore even worse.

There is a retard on top of a police van smashing it up.. shoot the f**ker!He wouldn`t do it again!

We discussed the other day about the police having to be professional and doing their job etc.

Well, watching this... if i was a copper...and one of those wooden poles came over and smashed me face in... I dont know how proffesional I would be next time.

It strikes me there are a minority group here who just want some f**kin slaver--well give em it!

I cant deny I`m knee-jerking and its not right to fight fire with fire, but it pisses me off so much.

Somebody has to pay for this...and who is it? Aye--US.

Grrrr

den

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you as angry about the wedding?

yep - cost to the country is...

£6bn - for a day's bank holiday.

£80M - security

£5M the wedding itself.

A bargain!

And we clearly need all these cuts, just as we need to spunk £6Bn on a wedding none of us will go to, and £7Bn for the Irish.

But there's no cash for the unimportant things like education or essential public services. Damn right.

yep - cost to the country is...

£6bn - for a day's bank holiday.

£80M - security

£5M the wedding itself.

A bargain!

And we clearly need all these cuts, just as we need to spunk £6Bn on a wedding none of us will go to, and £7Bn for the Irish.

But there's no cash for the unimportant things like education or essential public services. Damn right.

are you as angry about the wedding?

you seemed to be at least as angry about the cost as the actual violence - which is pretty minor - when comparing the costs of this demo, which is about real issues affecting real people, as opposed to a wedding of 2 people which is of (in reality) no consequence to almost anyone

I'm just trying to put some sense of perspective to it.

The money that these demos might be costing is irrelevant (to me), so i don't understand why that aspect should wind you up so much.

The idiot smashing the van up is just a kid.... Did you notice some of the others trying to stop him?

The 'reporting' ( :lol: ) of these incidents is laughable really... there's no sense of what's really going on. It's cheap tele for news broadcasters who can't be arsed to report on anything worthwhile

Except that their main argumant as to why we're in this much debt is that most of us are in jobs that don't produce anything! Yes me and the whole public sector are one giant leach in the state. In that case surely us all having the day off is SAVING the country some money?

I take it that maths isn't your strong point? :P

If you do nothing on a normal day and they are paying you, how has anything changed if they're giving you the day off and still paying you?

Edited by eFestivals

That pretty much sums it up - no "on" costs that day. We also don't lose any "productivity" because, in my lne of work, what we don't do on a Bank Holiday has to be squeezed into the days either side of it, so we always think they're almost more trouble that they're worth! We start the bank Holiday knackered, and usually return to find stuff which takes most of the week to sort out!