Student Demonstrations

Guest gratedenini

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: people in here seem to believe the media when it suits them? Kids sitting down doing there homework after taking a day out of school. (The why don't students protest at the weekend, is pretty good imo). At the same time I do see the media exergerating the actual violence that went on, the truth is there many sides and a lil exaggeration on everyones part. I do support the protests, but as suposedly media savy generation, we should have the knowledge any violence, graffiti or what ever is going to be blown out of all proportion and be exhitbted as everyone in the crowd and its winning no favours. A proper peaceful sit around Westminster would be amazing, no violence, no getting angry at the police, people should just go and stand there for a good majority of the day while signaling and prehaps even grassing up and letting police deal with any idoits smashing up shit.

A proper peaceful sit around Westminster would be amazing, no violence, no getting angry at the police, people should just go and stand there for a good majority of the day while signaling and prehaps even grassing up and letting police deal with any idoits smashing up shit.

:lol: people in here seem to believe the media when it suits them? Kids sitting down doing there homework after taking a day out of school. (The why don't students protest at the weekend, is pretty good imo). At the same time I do see the media exergerating the actual violence that went on, the truth is there many sides and a lil exaggeration on everyones part. I do support the protests, but as suposedly media savy generation, we should have the knowledge any violence, graffiti or what ever is going to be blown out of all proportion and be exhitbted as everyone in the crowd and its winning no favours. A proper peaceful sit around Westminster would be amazing, no violence, no getting angry at the police, people should just go and stand there for a good majority of the day while signaling and prehaps even grassing up and letting police deal with any idoits smashing up shit.

I think individual policemen and women deserve some sympathy. They're only people following orders

it was no defence for Nazis. :P

Amusingly, I've just found out that right thru WW2 British soliders were issued with advice booklets which said they could NEVER be held responsible for their actions if they were following orders. I caused quite an issue when the Allies were trying to come up with a workable format that each of the Allies would accept as being a proper legal basis for the Nuremberg War Crime trials.

that video is disgusting :blink:

i don't know all the facts, but if they had till 7 to protest and were being kettled and charged at 6 (and video evidence exists!) then i'm astounded this is not in the media :huh:

however....

i am STILL baffled how so many people have their fingers in their ears in regards to tuition fees

you could pay £3,000...

you could pay £9,000.....

you could pay £9,000,000.....

it doesnt matter!!

you dont need ANY money to go to university, so it doesn't stop ANYONE from going to uni in the first place

people will only pay back 6% of what you earn over £25,000....

that is the SAME AS PAYING FOR SKY TV!!! :blink:

the debt gets dropped after 25 years, and NO MONEY IS PAID BACK until you are earning more then most people

because no one seems to have any decent reasons as to why tuition fees are a bad thing, it just seems that everyone with respectable liberal views are actually just argumentative idiots with leftfield views <_<

It does prove, like the police claim there was no horse charge, the police lied that the vehicle was following the demonstration and became surrounded by an angry mob. It was parked up and surrounded bya good natured protest. But dont let that get in the way of licking the fingers of the met.

So because you have no conclusive proof that all disabled people did not try to get out you are assuming they did not. You have seen 14 year olds in the video claim they have proof they are 14 but not be allowed out. But from this you assume that anyone challanging government policy deserves what ever arbitrary punishment the police can inflict.

They are very young and being hearded into the kettle. The kettle was not set around the unruly who would not listen, it was set around anyone the police could heard into it including people far too young to be detained without very serious efforts to maintain there personel and mental well being. Inflicting collective punishment on all of a certain age in a certain location is clearly great news for you.

But you are a hundred miles form normal Britain.

From what I have seen these students need to learn a bit of discipline. A stint in the army on National Service would soon teach them the error of their ways. If they want to go around with their youthful looks and fluffy hair, baiting the police and complaining afterwards, let them. With a little discipline they would think differently and a small group could have formed an arrowhead formation, using the crowd barriers at the front and they soon would have breached the police lines. Lets face it apparently they were armed with the contents of a TSG van;)

I think there has been some enticement by the police, especially with the van. I was watching with interest as the police held back around the Cenotaph and they made no efforts to keep people away. There was a fire started near by and it was screaming out "burn some flags and poppies on me please", but I would just hazard a guess it would have been a different story with a far angrier crowd, or if the crowd was full of Alchemists as the police tried to say at one point.

according to the new system you only pay back 6% of what you earn over £25,000

so let's say you earn £30,000 a year

that means you would only have to pay back £300 a year

that is just £25 a month, people spend more on Sky Television packages :huh:

the debt is dropped after 25 years, which means you would only pay back £7,500

so if tuition fees were £3,000 - you wouldn't pay back the £9,000

so if tuition fees were £9,000 - you wouldn't pay back the £27,000, let alone the current 9k

of course the higher you earn the more you will have to pay back, but you will NEVER be out of pocket, and it doesnt stop anyone going to university at all...

i just find it that everyone is being a bit greedy and wants everything yet not to give any back :blink:

AND the government have scrapped AimHigher which was the programme designed to encourage more young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to go on to university, which seems a bit shortsighted and contradictory, like most of their education policy (and I'm scared to find out what their future safeguarding policies will look like).