Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I am in a hurry to read what sounds like bad news, but is there another link to this story other than via the Daily Mail site?

My dislike of them is so deep that I can't even bring myself to give the website stats a boost with my click :lol:

Only on England do we get mad weather!!!! Fog on the way to work today but now glorious sunshine and I'm driving around with sunglasses on!!!!

In the space of two hrs I've gone from fog lights to sunglasses!!!!

Edited by rischbrit

Guest blackcockerel

Positive Weather Solutions have a good track record of getting things right. I hope this isn't the case this time, obviously.

As a leading protagonist of the NFR.NFC.2011 Party, I refuse on principle to click on any link that seemingly has any long range forecast bollocks about a wet summer. Further, as it's the fascist NIMBY's at the f**king Daily Hate Mail who take every opportunity to spew their hateful lies all over anyone daft enough to read it then they can suck my shiny purple Vader's helmet. In fact I can probably paraphrase the article without reading it:

"Some blah blah expert who we have decided to pay attention to as he/she has said something depressing and controversial to say has said that the whole of June and July will be wall to wall monsoons across Southern England. They may also affect other countries or regions but clearly none of us give a toss about that. It's probably the immigrants fault . Oh if only Diana were still alive."

Have faith brothers and sisters. Do not pay any attention to the naysayers. Wall to wall skin melting sun you would weld with. Believe and it will come.

In fact I can probably paraphrase the article without reading it:

"Some blah blah expert who we have decided to pay attention to as he/she has said something depressing and controversial to say has said that the whole of June and July will be wall to wall monsoons across Southern England. They may also affect other countries or regions but clearly none of us give a toss about that. It's probably the immigrants fault . Oh if only Diana were still alive."

That link isn't working for me, but I am happy to remain in denial - I'm sure last year there were threats of thunderstorms in forecasts actually close enough to the time of the festival to give any glast-goer a case of the sphincter quivers... so they couldn't get it right then, they can't possibly have got it right now?

I propose we seed clouds of cider, I can't see how that could ever be a problem...

Netweather have updated the long range weather forecast:

"Summer June and July

As usual, the normal health warning applies here in that at this range confidence in the forecast does tend to drop away. Currently though the summer is expected to start on a drier than average note, with that theme continuing at least in the south of the country into July - but in a similar vein to this month (April) the north of the country is forecast see above average rainfall.

Temperatures across the first two months of summer are expected to be close to, or just above average - so potentially a good deal of dry and warm weather to be seen."

I'll take this...

"Summer June and July

As usual, the normal health warning applies here in that at this range confidence in the forecast does tend to drop away. Currently though the summer is expected to start on a drier than average note, with that theme continuing at least in the south of the country into July - but in a similar vein to this month (April) the north of the country is forecast see above average rainfall.

Temperatures across the first two months of summer are expected to be close to, or just above average - so potentially a good deal of dry and warm weather to be seen."

I'll take this...

I'm packing for sun, it saves a few kilos on wet weather gear and 4 changes of clothes.

Does mean I'll pack 3 kilos of suncream, I'm prone to burn.

I'm up for mud diving if it rains, anyone else going to join me?

I'm packing for sun, it saves a few kilos on wet weather gear and 4 changes of clothes.

I think it's quite good news that the weather's nice at the moment. It'll stay nice for most of April before turn shitty in late April/early May. That gives it plenty of time to fill our early-summer quota of rain before turning lovely in early to mid-June, just in time to dry the ground before the festival.

Man, weather forecasting's a piece of piss.

"Summer June and July

I'll take this...